lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2015, 06:04 PM   #11
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rebuild or buy reconditioned

use the puller. fill the hole with grease, insert puller and start threads, use impact wrench and drive the puller in. It will pop off
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-10-2015, 10:57 PM   #12
TomStark
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKOSMUS View Post
I have a 350 engine on my ezgo workhorse. I have 130 compression on one side and 0 on the other. The piston is not moving at all on the bad side. What will a rebuild consist of.
Having been in the engine business (automotive) I am not a big fan of buying a "rebuilt" engine. I have seen too many people doing things on a regular basis I would fire someone for. But then if you do not have the correct equipment, then you need to have someone else do the work, and all you can do is assemble it.
From reading this thread I am guessing this motor is a 4 stroke and probably has a pressurized oil system. Someone said there are no crank bearings and no way to refinish the crank. Well, there is a work around for that, but you could buy a new cart with what it would cost! LOL! If you have a broken rod, I would really want to see what the inside of that motor looks like. There could be collateral damage. For that reason alone I would be glad to get a replacement motor (after inspecting for damage). If this is common for that motor, I would be looking at getting a different motor. I don't know if a "big block" would work in that cart or not, but I would really not be happy with a motor that broke a rod and is known for braking rods. Just my thoughts. Of course, the use you put it through would really determine if it would be good to stick with that motor, or select something more bullet proof.
Tom
TomStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 08:16 AM   #13
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

What typically happens is the con rod cap bolts loosen up over time and once they fail the rod breaks. Occasionally it will slap the aluminum block and crack it as that was the case with mine. Took it to a buddy and he tigged the crack which solved that problem. The have a pressurized oil system. The rebuild was fairly straight forward and the book walks you through it if you have reasonable mechanical skills. Including machine work (removing a broken bolt, dressing up the cylinders, etc.) I have about 400 bucks in the rebuild not including my time. A rebuilt 400ish cc from CT would be easy to drop in and they are fairly reputable in this circle of cart freaks LOL. There are several other drop in solutions available from other site sponsors as well.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 08:38 AM   #14
EKOSMUS
Not Yet Wild

Just wanted to give you guys a final result. Got the clutch off and ready to ship out.
EKOSMUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 09:11 AM   #15
JG4660
Not Yet Wild

If you go with CT rebuilds give us some feedback on how the experience with them goes.I'm thinking of buying one from them also..Thanks
JG4660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 10:21 AM   #16
EKOSMUS
Not Yet Wild

Ct rebuilds was great. Strong engine
EKOSMUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO