lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2017, 05:29 PM   #1
muzzy17is
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G22 not running

I've been having a problem with my G22, about 2-3 months ago I put it in reverse and backed it up about 20 ft., put it in forward and it wouldn't move but I could here a humming noise. Played with some wires and checked some fuses...nothing. My nephew got to looking at it and saw a couple of wires were burned so we replaced them and rewired a couple and it ran good for a couple of months. Now the other day the cart wouldn't move so I checked all my connections...tightened the positive battery terminal and it ran for another couple of days...I went to go for a ride the day and the side of the solenoid where the positive battery terminal connects was a little loose and the small wire that's on that post had a bad spot. I fixed the wire. tightened every thing real tight...I put it in reverse and it fired and went three ft backward and when I tried to go forwards all I got was a hum. I rechecked again and now all I get is a hum, and the reverse beeper is not as loud. I can tap the solenoid gently and the beeper changes tones. The only thing I've done to the cart since I got it is added front lights that are hard wired to the battery with a regular on off switch and put on a rear seat.
muzzy17is is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2017, 06:49 PM   #2
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G22 not running

Hmm remove the seat and locate where the "hum" is originating. Hard to tell just yet what it could be
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 04:39 PM   #3
bird6246
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Check your Grounds?
bird6246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 08:46 AM   #4
muzzy17is
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Issue fixed...battery...pheww
muzzy17is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 05:23 PM   #5
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzy17is View Post
Issue fixed...battery...pheww

Ah ok the humming noise would be the funny noise the solenoid makes when it's struggling to work on the dead battery. Glad you figured it out
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha