lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2017, 10:28 AM   #1
aka rotten
Not Yet Wild

Default Fuel treatment

Fuel treatment in fuel,2000 g-16.anything wrong with it,done it for years,gent at auto store says not good idea because it fuel injected.true or false?Paul
aka rotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2017, 10:51 AM   #2
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Fuel treatment

Well your carts not fuel injected so he's already wrong and if your cart sits over winter I don't see how a fuel stabilizer is bad
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 11:39 AM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Auto store people Spicy is right, yours is carbed not EFI. After thousands of cleaning and blowing out plugged pulsar lines, I still have no recommendations for fuel additives. My best suggestion is to run it often to keep the fuel flowing thru the float bowel, even if it is just in neutral for a while. If storing, fill the tank and drain the float bowel. You could also get non ethonel gas.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 01:05 PM   #4
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Alcohol evaporates very quickly. At 15% alcohol mix, in a few months the leftovers are more like molasses and that's what gets hard eventually and is hard to get cleared out. I would recommend draining or running the tank dry then add some type of gas stabilizer and refill with straight high test gas.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 05:03 PM   #5
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Seafoam Seafoam Seafoam i swear by it.i put half a bottle in a full tank of gas in my bikes and ran it a few to get the mix in the carbs. Shutoff fuel and they always fired right up in the spring.

I also do this with my mowers and pressure washer.
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha