lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2018, 06:38 PM   #1
jjastram
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Which Spring is Correct

When I went to replace the brake shoes on my '86 G1, I noticed the springs were located in different positions on each side. The driver's side (pictured) had the heavier spring on top and the lighter spring on the bottom. On the passenger's side the heavier spring on the bottom and lighter spring on the top. The parts manual shows that the springs have the same part number. Could anyone tell me which springs are correct or best place to put them? Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180401_155920.jpg (66.7 KB, 0 views)
jjastram is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2018, 07:12 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Which Spring is Correct

Holey smokes those shoes are gone Actually, they call for 2 different springs, top spring 90506-26191-00, bottom 90506-20281-00. Been a while, but in my minds eye you would want the softer spring at the bottom so the adjuster can work more freely. Make shure to clean and lube the adjuster screw. I would also recommend OEM brakes, after market one's don't like to "grab" the brake drum well. Good luck
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 07:45 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

LOL, got every last penny out of those. Nice. Uneven wear would have me also "cleaning the bejeebus" out of the adjuster area, and ensuring that it can slide back and forth.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 07:47 PM   #4
jjastram
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thank you, that makes sense. I went with cheapo after market shoes. I set the governor down to about 8MPH for putting around the camp ground and after market shoes have to be better than what I had.
jjastram is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha