lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2018, 03:33 PM   #1
roger4451
Not Yet Wild

Default 2004 Club Car Gas Villager will not turn off

Picked up this this Gas Club Car Villager. Replaced the magneto and the rpm limiter. This is where help is needed. Did the ultimate sin and did not take a picture of the wires . So really not sure how to wire it. Replaced the key switch and that got the cart started. Now the engine will not shut off by the key. Replaced the mic ro switch next to the solenoid. The engine is still running until I choke it out. I would like to keep the rpm limiter on the cart for security.
Any ideas?????
roger4451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2018, 07:27 PM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: 2004 Club Car Gas Villager will not turn off

Is it a key start? Or a pedal start?
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 06:20 AM   #3
roger4451
Not Yet Wild

This is a key start . Just like in our cars. turn the the key all the way to the right , cart starts, let go of the key and the cart stays running. Never had one of these but can see it would come in handy around a resort area. Local club car dealer educated me on the way the key key works when i first got the cart. Now they say there are 28 circuits between the key and and the engine that could be causing the problem. Basically bring the cart in and they will spend hours looking for the problem as they empty my wallet
Old 05-09-2018, 06:28 AM   #4
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Attached diagrams... (click pics to enlarge)

Keysstartexploded.jpg

KS-relaytest1.jpg

Vill6solenoidwiring2 -.jpg
Old 05-09-2018, 06:36 AM   #5
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

As for the coil, and limiter, they are kinda plug and play...
It could be that you didn't connect the bullet plugs that tie them together... (engine kill circuit)

FE290-350 Ignition components.jpg
Old 05-09-2018, 07:56 AM   #6
roger4451
Not Yet Wild

The new key switch that I bought from Club Car has five terminals. I will check the relay wiring. I do have the problem with the rpm wiring. I moved it away from in front of the engine when I got the new limiter. Two wires come out of the limiter, one brown-one black. Seems to be a lot more wires going to it. Two black/white wires and a few black wires that I figure are all grounds [maybe].
On a different note. Interesting how they lifted the cart back when . They cut the frame in the front and inserted two s shape pieces of metal to raise the cart 6". I was told this was normal.
The rear they put at least 12" shackles like the old chevys. Replaced the rear with normal size shackles and a new style 6" lift kit axle brackets.
Thanks for your help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car