lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-30-2018, 12:58 PM   #1
Scott from NH
Not Yet Wild

Default G9 resurrection project assistance

Hey guys. I'm new to this forum and seeing as I picked up a hidden gem of a G9 for only $550 I figured this is the place to go to for any and all assistance.
So I got a little ahead of myself when dismantling the cart down to the frame. My small but serious issue is I have a box of screws, nuts, bolts, etc and I'll bet you a buck I'll have difficulty in putting her back together.
So my question to you guys is is there a detailed exploded view showing what bolts go where? I should be able to get most of the retainers in their correct locations but I also plan on having a handful of "extra" parts.

Thanks and I'll upload the pics from start to finish once she's complete!!
Scott from NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2018, 02:25 PM   #2
JSkeen
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G9 resurrection project assistance

Scott,
You have definitely come to the right place. There are quite a few G2/G9 experts or subject matter experts in here. When you get to a point where you're not sure what fastener to use, post a picture and ask. Somebody will answer and probably post a picture. I am not aware of a blow up for correct hardware, just my .02. Welcome to the forum and have fun!
JSkeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 03:33 PM   #3
sformal
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The part catalog of your golf cart should help you to find the right bolt/nut/etc...

The part# for them are defined as follows:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (64.3 KB, 0 views)
sformal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 07:58 PM   #4
grantspec
Getting Wild

Good luck with your project! G9s are great carts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
grantspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 08:32 AM   #5
Scott from NH
Not Yet Wild

So it's time to put her back together and if you remember I failed to take pics before I disassembled her. My only hang up is how to reinstall the roof mounts and seat back. I took a pic of what I've done so far. It isn't much and couldn't figure out how to rotate the mage but you get the idea. My question is does anyone have a pic of what it's supposed to look like? I've searched high and low and have yet to find a clear pic of what bolts to use.

Thanks guys!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mount.jpg (185.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-13-2018, 02:13 PM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Here's where the seat back mounts on my G2. My G9 had a plank of wood and 3" scews as a "back rest" when I bought it, but I would imagine it is probably pretty similar.

As for the top mounts, I don't believe a top was OEM equipment on the G2/G9, from what I've read they were all aftermarket. I've seen them mount like yours to the seat posts, i've seen them mount to the bar going between the seat posts as well. There's 3 or 4 different variations I have seen on the roof mounts. My G2 has no roof, my G9 I made my own roof struts fit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181113_130712.jpg (72.0 KB, 0 views)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 08:55 AM   #7
Scott from NH
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the pic CP241. Based on that pic I think I have my seat back brace on backwards. Will flip it tonight and see what happens.
Old 11-14-2018, 09:10 AM   #8
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Let me know if there's any other pictures you need. I've lost interest in my G2 so it's up for sale as a half finished project, but while it is still here it's stripped down pretty far so I can get pictures of pretty much anything you need relatively easily. As long as it does not involve motor mounting (it has a clone installed) but I should be able to use my G9 for any of those pictures (it isn't, nor will it be for sale) :) I'll be pulling the motor out of it shortly to rebuild because it smokes like a train, so any motor mounting pictures of OEM motor I should be able to get at that time.
Old 11-14-2018, 09:31 AM   #9
Scott from NH
Not Yet Wild

Well since you asked would you happen to know what bolts hold the rear bumper on? A quick pic will suffice. Long story short, I dissembled the cart and in my rush I did not bag and label all the nuts and bolts or take pictures and I have a bunch of extra bolts and I'm not sure where they go.

Thanks again!!
Old 11-14-2018, 11:58 AM   #10
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott from NH View Post
Well since you asked would you happen to know what bolts hold the rear bumper on? A quick pic will suffice. Long story short, I dissembled the cart and in my rush I did not bag and label all the nuts and bolts or take pictures and I have a bunch of extra bolts and I'm not sure where they go.

Thanks again!!
On either side I had 2 bolts going into the wheel well here. I can try and get a picture of the bumper I took off my G9 in a little bit, I replaced it with a step for the back seat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20181114-115554_Gallery.jpg (57.5 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha