lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2009, 10:47 AM   #1
cushmanutv
Not Yet Wild

Default looking for info

attached is a photo of one of a pair of units purchased in a county auction. I have also placedd a photo of the brakes, does anyone recongnise the brake system? trying to buy shoes and no one seems to know what to order. cushman ordered the wrong ones, is the rear an ezgo 1999 vintage
anyhelp would be appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00031.jpg (55.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00038.jpg (71.0 KB, 20 views)
cushmanutv is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-03-2009, 11:45 AM   #2
Subarumouse
Gone Wild

Default Re: looking for info

Hello,

I don't know what brakes you have, but to me they are like the rear brakes of a litle european or Japanese car.

Another possibillity is to rebuild your brakeshoes.
Some carpartsshops can do this (shops where the pro's get there parts)
Otherwise a carrestaurationfirm will know a place.

Good search.

Benno
Subarumouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:10 PM   #3
TX Buggie
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Dont know if this helps or not, but I was working on a early 60's model vehicle once and the shoes were of the unobtanium type. Took them to a brake and clutch shop and had the old ones relined. Cost was about twice as much as what new shoes would cost for a standard vehicle, but the quality was much better. Friction material was riveted on compared to glued on. If you take the drums in also, they could turn them then match the arch of the new shoes to the newly turned drums. Good Stuff!
TX Buggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:39 AM   #4
ruredy
Born Wild

I believe those are dana rear ends, they have 3 different sizes of hydraulic brakes use on those type of rears. They are measured by diameter and width, should be pretty easy to figure out which you need. The cart would have been sold by Jacobsen but over the last year all the cushman line has been merged into ezgo with the exception of the trucksters. You could look on the dana site, they have loads of info there. Or talk to a Jacobsen dealer, they would have been the ones you would of needed to talk with about it. With the product line changes to ezgo in the last year, i'm not 100% sure about this
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO