lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-15-2020, 03:11 PM   #1
Craigmtb
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Power to motor

Should there be power (38v) to the motor when the accelerator is not pushed?

Also, I am getting power to controller side of solenoid when the cable from controller is connected (Before accelerator is depressed). When the cable from the controller is not connected there is no power Until accelerator is pushed.

Why is there power coming from controller to solenoid?

Cat does not move when there is a 38v reading at motor terminals. All terminals read 38v when the ignition is on

Thanks Craig
Craigmtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-15-2020, 04:32 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Power to motor

The reason for voltage on the "controller side" of the solenoid is because of the capacitor in the controller that is energized whenever the tow-run switch is on. 38v is a pretty bad number tho, if thats as high as your batteries go, they are your first problem.

Also, If you are running a stock controller, and get any B+ at the motor without pedal pressed, that's bad (would be normal with most any other controller).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 05:34 PM   #3
Craigmtb
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks for the reply, batteries usually around 40, charging now.
I don’t know this stuff on the electrical side very well. But I thought the function of the solenoid was to block the voltage until the accelerator is pressed. What is the function of solenoid if there is already power on the opposite side?
Pretty sure it is a stock controller.
Can I test the controller?
Old 03-15-2020, 05:41 PM   #4
Craigmtb
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks for the reply, batteries usually around 40, charging now. I thought I read that 38.22 is full?
I don’t know this stuff on the electrical side very well. But I thought the function of the solenoid was to block the voltage until the accelerator is pressed. What is the function of solenoid if there is already power on the opposite side?
I appreciate any help, I am very ignorant to this stuff. I have tried to read everything I can but still running into a bunch hurdles

Craig
Old 03-16-2020, 04:58 PM   #5
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigmtb View Post
Thanks for the reply, batteries usually around 40, charging now. I thought I read that 38.22 is full?
I appreciate any help, I am very ignorant to this stuff. I have tried to read everything I can but still running into a bunch hurdles

Craig
Sorry, had a brain freeze, trying to juggle too many things at once , forgot where I was and posted bad info here (actually good info, just in wrong place). Now deleted.
rockfordpi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 05:24 PM   #6
cgtech

Yamaha

Hmm thought we were talking about a 48v cart. What exactly are we talking about?
Old 03-16-2020, 05:49 PM   #7
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Hmm thought we were talking about a 48v cart. What exactly are we talking about?
My bad, I corrected above.
rockfordpi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 06:28 PM   #8
cgtech

Yamaha

Now that I know it's a 36v cart, my statements about the controller are invalid. We still need to know what model it is.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha