lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2020, 09:21 AM   #1
hodgenjeffrey
Not Yet Wild

Default 2009 ydre solenoid replaced, still dies

I replaced the solenoid on my 2009 ydre. Was driving it this morning and that obviously wasn’t the problem because it died again. I can cycle the run/tow switch and the solenoid engages and about 1 second after I hit the accelerator it does again. My battery pack is 49-50 volts. Each battery is between 12-13 volts. Any recommendations?
Side note, my charger won’t charge either. Just the power on led stays on when plugged in or pulled out. I’ll admit I don’t have the Trojan 1275s that came with it, but rather just deep cycle marine batteries. All I use the cart for is to cruise around my property. I’d assume my problem isn’t my batteries since I have good voltage?

Thanks in advance

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hodgenjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2020, 02:26 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2009 ydre solenoid replaced, still dies

Good voltage at rest does not equal good voltage under load. (BTW, your readings weren't that good).

I'm getting the feeling your about to pay the "marine battery tax". But hey, at least you saved a bunch of money.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 12:54 PM   #3
hodgenjeffrey
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Good voltage at rest does not equal good voltage under load. (BTW, your readings weren't that good).

I'm getting the feeling your about to pay the "marine battery tax". But hey, at least you saved a bunch of money.

So you think I may just need to get 4 Trojan 1275s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hodgenjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 10:30 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Well at least drive it while recording voltage before dropping that cash.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha