lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2021, 06:46 PM   #1
lx504life
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Slow 2007 Precedent

Hey guys I just picked up a gas 2007 precedent. It's not lifted just has some 12in wheels and stock size tires. My question is that it's really slow to get up to speed. It appears someone has adjusted governor because it tops out at 19mph. However, it's extremely sluggish to get there. Any ideas?
lx504life is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2021, 07:55 PM   #2
Saltspray
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Slow 2007 Precedent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lx504life View Post
Hey guys I just picked up a gas 2007 precedent. It's not lifted just has some 12in wheels and stock size tires. My question is that it's really slow to get up to speed. It appears someone has adjusted governor because it tops out at 19mph. However, it's extremely sluggish to get there. Any ideas?
Either not getting wide open throttle(cable tension /throttle stop) or maybe your cvt is stuck towards high? How much gas pedal required before motor starts responding?
Saltspray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 06:37 PM   #3
lx504life
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

So it takes about 2in pushing gas pedal before anything happens with motor. I feel like the driven clutch isn't sliding in that much.
Old 02-04-2021, 08:04 PM   #4
Saltspray
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
So it takes about 2in pushing gas pedal before anything happens with motor. I feel like the driven clutch isn't sliding in that much.
While accelerating, is your motor bogging or at high revs? If high revs maybe belt slipping, if bogging CVT not operating.
Old 02-05-2021, 01:55 PM   #5
lx504life
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I'm new to the club cars. The primary clutch seems to suck in as you give it gas but the secondary doesn't seem to move much. It has no bottom end power.
Old 02-05-2021, 03:48 PM   #6
lx504life
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Is there a link for throttle and governor cable adjustments? Can only find ds and nothing for precedent. Seem different from the videos I've seen.
Old 02-06-2021, 08:25 AM   #7
Saltspray
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Is there a link for throttle and governor cable adjustments? Can only find ds and nothing for precedent. Seem different from the videos I've seen.
I’m new to this but I’ll try to help cause this forum is very slow, likely due to strict email requirements.

They all work about the same. Pressing gas pedal pulls on a cable. This cable connects to a lever (governor arm” with a pivot on the back of the transaxle. The other part of lever connects to a stiffer cable that connects directly to engines throttle body/carb.

The governor is inside the transaxle and applies force to governor arm through the pivot. At speed, it tries to retard the throttle. You don’t feel this in your foot because there is a spring on the end of the throttle cable where it attaches to the lever.

On mine, the only cable adjustment is under the floor, and it consists of the throttle cable having a threaded barrel into a housing. Moving that barrel away from the pedal box takes out slack. The goal is for just enough pedal movement to start the engine...before the cable starts pulling the actual throttle open so a small amount of slack is desirable. Too much slack and governor easily overpowers throttle and you get low top speed. Zip tying the spring is a common trick to add further tension for greater speed boost but cable slack should still be properly set for increased low speed drivability.

The other adjustment are set screws that prevent that governor arm from over traveling in either direction. If the full power one is mis adjusted, the governor arm will hit it early, preventing full power.

Since yous is hitting 19mph, but taking awhile it sounds to me like something is up with your CVT belt. If the engine is racing at high revs, your slipping. If the engine is bogging and progressively gaining rpm until it hits your 19mph, then the CVT isn’t moving. Not sure what would cause that.
Old 02-06-2021, 12:57 PM   #8
lx504life
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Hey I really appreciate you helping out. I put a new belt on last night and broke it in today. Seems a lot better. Guessing old belt was slipping. My only other question is do these precedent run hotter than other carts. You can feel heat coming up around seat. Fins on the motor look clean.
Old 02-06-2021, 02:23 PM   #9
Saltspray
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Hey I really appreciate you helping out. I put a new belt on last night and broke it in today. Seems a lot better. Guessing old belt was slipping. My only other question is do these precedent run hotter than other carts. You can feel heat coming up around seat. Fins on the motor look clean.
However hot they ran should have been acceptable to a pampered golfer :)

If yours sat for awhile, it’s possible the carb could need cleaning. When jets get clogged, they run lean. Eventually they run lean enough to limit top end power and running all together if fully clogged.

Lean engines run hot.

Engines low on oil run hot.

Engines with crap gas run hot.
Old 02-06-2021, 03:06 PM   #10
lx504life
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Yea I just picked this one up and don't know how much use it had prior to me. Oil is fresh and had half a tank of gas that I'm trying to burn through. But I may pull carb apart to clean it just for good measure.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car