lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2009, 08:45 PM   #1
bifferd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2 cycle 244 cc engine normaly loud?

still working on this engine for the ezgo , when i runs it seems to be a little noisy , i know a 4 stroke runs smoother and quieter but this engine seems to be on the loud side i dont have the foam insulation inside the engine compartment anymore ,? the muffler seems to be in good shape gasket looks ok , i really dont have another engine to compare it to. any help would be nice, the next step if she does not get quieter would be to start looking for a 4 stroke cart and sell this one.
bifferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2009, 09:45 AM   #2
bustin-bs
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2 cycle 244 cc engine normaly loud?

any update on this cart? Perhaps adding the foam noise reducer pading within the motor compartment might help bring the noise down...
bustin-bs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:24 PM   #3
bifferd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2 cycle 244 cc engine normaly loud?

yes the update is after we put a head gasket on this engine it ran for awhile than totally quit we now have it torn down and waiting to rebuild it ...thanks for your help
bifferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO