lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-28-2010, 08:20 PM   #1
kcnaz
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default 79 G-1 smoking bad..

Tried to replace the oil pump with the engine in the cart but the more I took off to get to it the easier it looked to just pull the motor out and work it that way. Good thing..I found the bushing on the wire harness at the block wasn't seated properly and I also found an extra nipple next to the pressure feed to the fuel pump was not capped or used. The large nipple fits up to the fuel pump the small nipple was venting/spraying oil randomly out over the back of the cart. As I have no clue where it went I am gonna cap it off.

As I stated I took on the oil injector and got the cart cleaned up. I plugged off the extra nipple replaced B.O. rubber hoses and used better hose clamps. Looked 100% better once I put back together.
When I got the cart back from the shop I was told the guys over there mixed the oil with fuel. Don't know what the mix was......it was showing just above empty on the guage. Maybe a gallon of mixed fuel.
Another thing...when I got it back from the shop it wasn't smoking right off. I drove it around the block with the kids a couple times and all of a sudden it started smoking bad..........
So today after getting it all back together.....Filled the tank off with fuel, primed the oil pump, jacked up the rear of the cart and fired it up. Took the (normal?) amount of time to get the fuel flowing and for the cart to start but once it started it smoked like crazy.
I have a sheet metal pan under the cart searching for leaks on this start up, it looks like the exhaust is blowing out "BLOBS" of oil........not alot but it is coming out.
Are these blobs from the premixture from the shop?
Did I bust a ring?
What should the compression test tell me on this cart? Yamaha 79 stock cart?
kcnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-28-2010, 10:21 PM   #2
kcnaz
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 79 G-1 smoking bad..

100 psi compression....sound right?
Question.......I realy don't have a need for speed but want to run sand washes and minor hill climbing, rock hunting. Should I purchase the Yamaha Torque Kit for the rear sheave?
Old 12-29-2010, 10:50 AM   #3
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Might be time for a BBQ check this thread>>http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...-hot-pics.html

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:37 AM   #4
kcnaz
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Thanks ....good information.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:42 PM   #5
kcnaz
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Grand kids went home to get ready for school so grandpa is back on the cart. Was raining so I couldn't BBQ the muffler so I split it open. Looks to me like the thing was hammered bad when it went together, after I cut the fold seam on the end it slid apart with no effort. I was expecting more oil, filler, baffles, clinkers or something. Checked the compression today....90#. Top end rebuild is on its way.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha