lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-30-2010, 04:43 PM   #1
KoolKustomRidez
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 2 stroke Oil pump problem

I recently had a customer who insisted on having the oil pump changed on his '79 (?) G1 2 stroke. I ordered it from Yamaha since I couldn't convice him to eliminate it. We changed it and now I haven't been able to get it primed. I have oil down to the pump, oil to the bleeder screw, but then I spun it over a good bit and never saw oil in the line to the carb. I called HRC, and he suggested putting mixed gas in the tank and leaving the line loose. I ran it like that for probably 10 minutes, and I still haven't seen any oil in the line to the carb...This is a new official Yamaha part. Any ideas, anyone? I need help ASAP. Thanks
KoolKustomRidez is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-30-2010, 07:28 PM   #2
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 2 stroke Oil pump problem

You are using the correct procedure, I primed up a pump just last weekend by bleeding the system at the screw and running the engine on a tank of chainsaw gas. It took a good 10 minutes or so to get oil from the pump to the carb. You could see through the line and watch the oil slowly pump up through. Is the drive system set up properly? Do the clutch gear and drive gear mesh properly? Did you forget to put the crosspin in the pump shaft to connect it to the drive gear?
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:25 PM   #3
kcnaz
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I would reconnect the line to the carb and run it again. I just replaced mine and it took some time for it to rise up from the pump. Threre is some suction on that line.
kcnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:17 PM   #4
hansonhh
Not Yet Wild

according to the manual to properly bleed the system you remove the bleeder screw on top of the pump when oil begins to flow repace and tighten bleeder screw than remove the jet sensor hose <attached to the exhaust> remove the carb delivery line than blow into the jet sensor hose as hard as you can kink the hose than turn motor over till oil flows from the supply line reconnect every thing and you should be done!
hansonhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 05:49 AM   #5
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

That is the correct procedure, but it takes a LONG time for that oil to pump up from the pump to the carb. You need to run the engine on an auxiliary tank of premix gas/oil until the oil pump can supply oil to the carb. If you don't, you will "squeek" your engine due to lack of lubrication.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha