lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2008, 07:30 AM   #21
reast
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: problem with starting a 91 clubcar

If it fires every time the fly wheel make a revelution, you made the right call on replacing the coil. How is the flywheel key? If the flywheel was not tight enough, you could have sheared the flywheel key instantly the first time it fired and be completely out of time. Check the compression. It should be anywhere from 90 to 125 psi. If all is well, put your hand over the carborator while it is spinning over. This will pull a lot of fuel up the main jet and clear any thing that might be in the jet.
reast is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-09-2008, 07:42 AM   #22
Smoke
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for the advise. I will try that.
Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:53 PM   #23
Smoke
Not Yet Wild

I pulled the fly wheel again, it was on tight enough. No sheared key. checked compresion, 100 PSI. Held hand over carb, did get spark plug wet. Still will not run.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:07 AM   #24
reast
Not Yet Wild

What color is the spark. Have you checked the ohm reading on the ignition coil? Refer to the thread on 5-27-08. If you have a good blue spark every revelution, it is in time and the plug has seen fuel, then I would question the the quality of the fuel. It may be watered down. I would dry the plug out, verify spark at the plug again, install the plug and hit it with some either down the throat of the carborator. The darn thing should fire for you.

If she fires, then we know the quality of the fuel is not good.

Good Luck

Rick
Old 06-19-2008, 09:53 AM   #25
Smoke
Not Yet Wild

I made some headway last night. I have been working with the carborator. Pulled it off cleaned jets with air. Did not change much at first, but when I started adjusting the jets i was able to get to run. Now I have new problem, it runs but not good. It have trouble firing at first, this works best with jet tuned most of the way in, 1.25 turns out. but will not run at high RPMs, if I open jet it improves but does not get very good and also with turned out it will not start. Any suggestions? I did not completely remove jets and spray air thru, will try this next.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:44 PM   #26
reast
Not Yet Wild

Do you feel it is starving for fuel? If so, the main jet is still plugged. I believe the only jet that is adjustable, is for the slow/idle speed. That function of the carborator seems to be working but if the main jet is plugged up or even a little varnished up, this will effect the transition from the engine running from low speed to high speed. I would soak her down with some good carb cleaner, the kind of stuff yhat will burn your eyes if you know what I mean. Varnish as you known, can be dificult to remove. The main jet is usualy located in the same screw that holds the bowl on.

Seems like to me the motor is rated for up to 3600 RPM. Your car has a rev limitor biult in the ignition coil to prevent over reving the motor. Your are probably not even getting close to that yet?

Rick
Old 06-24-2008, 01:36 PM   #27
reast
Not Yet Wild

Smoke,

How are you comming along with the Club Car problem?
Old 06-24-2008, 01:38 PM   #28
Smoke
Not Yet Wild

Still working on the Carb. I does seam to be starving for fuel.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:43 PM   #29
Ktbawold
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have a '91 as well and it takes forever to get it started intermittenly - whether it be fresh start or after cruising it for awhile. I have to choke it to keep it running some times. I am getting spark and fuel. my plug seems to look good. Any ideas on my end as to what the problem might be?
Ktbawold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:14 PM   #30
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
I pulled the fly wheel again, it was on tight enough. No sheared key. checked compression, 100 PSI. Held hand over carb, did get spark plug wet. Still will not run.
100 PSI is a low compression reading for this motor. These Kawasaki's crave the choke to start when compression gets low .
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car