lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2011, 01:25 AM   #21
as350pilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Brakes, oh I dont have any.....

Whiskey11 nice photos, and write up. Although you just probably cost me money, since you have "inspired" me to look at my brakes this week. ;)
as350pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2011, 08:47 AM   #22
Whiskey11
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by as350pilot View Post
Whiskey11 nice photos, and write up. Although you just probably cost me money, since you have "inspired" me to look at my brakes this week. ;)
The good thing is the complete set of shoes cost me $45 and the cost of a can of brake cleaner. The guy at the cart shop actually refused to sell me a new spring kit for the brakes; I guess they last a while. He looked at mine and said they were good to go.
Whiskey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:04 AM   #23
Scooter B
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by as350pilot View Post
Yea, same with me! Mine stops ok, would like more, but actually skidding to a stop or locking up the rears will NOT happen on my 08'

I'm going to have the wheels off soon to install new rear leafs, so what's another 50 bucks while I'm down there! (hope the wife feels the same) I'll just tell her it's all about safety...which is true anyway! Also cheaper than going to a disk set up.
Scooter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:10 AM   #24
Whiskey11
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I did as scotttb suggested. I did also hit the inside of the drums with some emery cloth (spelling??) and sprayed everything down with brake cleaner. The cardboard for the cleaner run off was a great tip, saved my driveway. Just remember the Castle Nut rule, tighter is better and go to next (tighter) hole for the cotter pin!!
Whiskey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO