lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-28-2012, 10:29 PM   #1
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 79 ez go marathon spindle

I have a drivers side spindle that is a bit sloppy. I was wondering if there is a bushing that goes in there or do they even make one for that old of a cart? Or find another spindle? I noticed it when I put new wheel bearings in it. Hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction. Thanks.
1fast67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2012, 06:31 AM   #2
racin161
Gone Wild

Default Re: 79 ez go marathon spindle

Yes there are bronze bushings in the spindle. I don't know if the 80 and up will fit but they may. I used a socket to drive them out there are 2 in each spindle and the pressed the new ones in. Even though I pressed the new ones in I had to fit them with a wheel cyl hone for proper fit. Now they are nice and tight.

Welcome to BGW
LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:39 PM   #3
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks racin for the info.I didn't realize that there was two bushings per side as I have not tore into it yet. I think I'm gonna take a chance on the 80 &up bushings. So are you saying use the hone fit the bushings to the existing kingpins? Just clarifying.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:27 AM   #4
racin161
Gone Wild

Yes I think you'll find out after pressing the new bushings in they will be to tight to slip on. I used a wheel cyl. hone to fit them nice and snug. The reason for two bushings is it leaves a space in the middle of the spindle for grease to enter and lube the bushings & kink pin. Also look at the bottom of the spindle there is a small grease seal don't lose it just clean & reuse it.

LOU
Old 03-31-2012, 02:09 PM   #5
1fast67
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks lou for detailed instructions. I will let you know how it goes as I am repainting and lifting it. This is just one more thing I have to fix on my old cart. I will post pics of my build when I'm done.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:30 PM   #6
racin161
Gone Wild

We LIKE PICS
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO