lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2012, 10:42 PM   #11
Deceptive
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: KF82 Flathead Nightmare

Fastercarter...

I triple checked the timing marks and there is only one way they align that is what is killing me...

When i get is back up with the switches , i will post the video ...

I am going over the complete electrical as well ...
Like I originally said , with the timing correct , there is air coming out the carb, as well as out the tappet cover , which has a hose that I assume goes to the impulse line of the fuel pump( mine has and electric pump aftermarket) so I dont use that line.
Deceptive is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2012, 12:29 AM   #12
fastercarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deceptive View Post
Fastercarter...

I triple checked the timing marks and there is only one way they align that is what is killing me...

When i get is back up with the switches , i will post the video ...

I am going over the complete electrical as well ...
Like I originally said , with the timing correct , there is air coming out the carb, as well as out the tappet cover , which has a hose that I assume goes to the impulse line of the fuel pump( mine has and electric pump aftermarket) so I dont use that line.

You must have your valve timing goofed up, how else could compression be leaking past the intake valve unless the valve seat is compromised ? BTW, I triple and quadruple checked a Honda CRV timing system once. Even had a friend confirm the DOHC cams were precise with the flywheel marks. Everything was spot on but I was two teeth short. I read the wrong mark on the crank . These things humble us all.
DON'T ASSUME ANYTHING.
You'll get it right and another lesson will be learned.

FC.
fastercarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:52 AM   #13
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastercarter View Post
You must have your valve timing goofed up, how else could compression be leaking past the intake valve unless the valve seat is compromised ? BTW, I triple and quadruple checked a Honda CRV timing system once. Even had a friend confirm the DOHC cams were precise with the flywheel marks. Everything was spot on but I was two teeth short. I read the wrong mark on the crank . These things humble us all.
DON'T ASSUME ANYTHING.
You'll get it right and another lesson will be learned.

FC.
So true Faster, I hate timing seems like mine is never right!
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 06:45 AM   #14
Deceptive
Not Yet Wild

I have the marks aligned... so the only way i can change timing would be to deviate from the marks and advance the timing one tooth to make sure there is no possible way the intake valve is open at all .....

The strangest thing , and believe me i hoped i was wrong with the timing because then that would explain the issues. The last rebuild and everything was perfect and fired first crank using the exact same timing marks...

Rechecked the valve seats and adjustments and they are fine...

I will yet again pull it out when I have some time and then play with timing manually....
Old 05-07-2012, 11:16 PM   #15
Deceptive
Not Yet Wild

Okay so new switches are in and I thought I would take a video of how things were not running .
So I was shooting around the engine and then i put my hand on over the air intake to full choke it to create the issue I have been seeing and for some reason , I decided to video the carb movement . I played with the throttle play and noticed it felt as though it was not hitting the end.
I put some pressure on it and almost felt like a slip inside the carb and the linkage went about another 1/4 inch open .
Low and behold instead of backfiring, it actually fired and started to run.
If i hold it wide open it will run , low rpms , but it does run and i smoke myself out of the garage with all the oil and stuff dripped from many of rebuilds.
I ran it like this for a bout 5 mins and all heated up and and stabilized.
It still is not getting full rpms , and the clutch is not shooting open , but I am in the right direction.
I read somewhere that if the butterfly isn't fully closed or traveling, that can cause backfire as well as obviously if my timing was off as we thought , it still would not run without that manual advancement.

I will now look at the carb, even though i have cleaned it a few times, i think I re adjusted the float and it may not be set correctly.

Any other thought on how to increase rpm's??
Old 05-08-2012, 04:46 AM   #16
Doc's BoneCracker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

double check the linkage front to back.
Doc's BoneCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:49 AM   #17
Carp
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Making progress! Just don't quit on it. You are almost there.
Carp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 04:13 AM   #18
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Did you ever figure this out? Just put a KF82 back together with a new crank and rod and it won't fire despite running and firing just perfect a couple of weeks ago. I swear I got the timing marks right as I've put together these motors several times.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 05:21 PM   #19
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Ok so my problem is a little different. I have zero compression. Needle won't even move while cranking. Gonna have to dive in and find out what's going on.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 06:08 PM   #20
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
Ok so my problem is a little different. I have zero compression. Needle won't even move while cranking. Gonna have to dive in and find out what's going on.
stuck or bent valve maybe?
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car