lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2012, 03:49 PM   #1
MichaelV
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G9 Throttle cable adjustment

I cranked the 10mm governor nut all the way down and soon after, my throttle cable snapped at the pedal. I have ordered a new cable but I would like to know how to install it properley with the correct adjustments.

Any Help?

Thanks!
MichaelV is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-13-2012, 06:47 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: G9 Throttle cable adjustment

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelV View Post
I cranked the 10mm governor nut all the way down and soon after, my throttle cable snapped at the pedal. I have ordered a new cable but I would like to know how to install it properley with the correct adjustments.

Any Help?

Thanks!
Hope your ordered a OEM cable. There is no adjustment at the transaxle bracket, leave some "slack" in the cable at the pedal adjustment, it can stop the cable braking at that end and you also need a little slack so the accelerator stop switch opens/the engine turns over/the ignition fires off before the carberator throttle shaft opens or you can get backfireing.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:46 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

That happens sometimes. When you turn up the governor it puts more pressure on the cable and they have shorter lifespans. That is the problem running the governor at higher speeds. Stock cable should last for some time though. I run mine so the top of pedal moves 1" after the start switch turns on the starter, then the carb starts to open. That is so I can still idle the cart or go slow, I set mine to idle just above (in rpm) the starter; it starts better than way plus nobody can run the starter/battery down driving really slow.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 01:04 PM   #4
joepg9
Not Yet Wild

how do I attach throttle cable to gas pedal on g9 Yamaha golf cart
joepg9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 01:28 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Stock cart you slide the cable end in from the side the cable goes through the little slit, then lay the cable into the spool and put the threaded part in the holder and adjust as needed. Best I remember, I can go out and pull the floor panel and look if you need.

Yeah, see part #3: http://www.tntgolfcar.com/yamaha-par..._449_1226.html
Cable goes in the far side and return spring goes on the left side. See the hole with a cut in it, put the end in there and lay the cable back so the wire part lays in the spool, or little trough cable guide whatever you call it. That will aim the cable right at the adjuster bracket, pull the housing back and install in there and adjust the nut about where it was before to get started. Run the cable back to the governor like it was, make sure it can't get burned or damaged or rub on stuff of course.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha