lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2012, 03:32 PM   #1
K&S
Not Yet Wild

Default NO spark

Hello all I was given an ezgo cart with the Robin 295 in it ,It was used on a constuction job site and is pretty beat stopped running and they did not wish to put any more $ into it, I started to fiddle with it last fall but now I am getting serious about getting it going.I have no spark,cleaned all the connections jumped out the key sw and she cranks over good but never a pop even with starting fluid. I checked the manual and did the coil test with the VOM and get about 5 ohms on the primary and 16.8 on the secondary out of spec as per the manual but I checked the pulser coil and only get 22.3 ohms manual says around 500 ohms could they both be bad? these parts are not cheap which would you try first or is there another way to test before I drop the $
K&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #2
milky7272
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: NO spark

Convert it over to hei. Parts will run you about 35$. Just did mine. Chreck the stickies section for a diagram.
milky7272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:45 PM   #3
K&S
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: NO spark update

Thank you I was wondering if this HEI conversion worked on two cylinder motors also. I did not find a diagram with two spark plugs on it. Today after charging the batt and going over the connections I was testing the pulsar coil with it cranking and plugged it back in all of a sudden I saw good spark on my inline spark tester,I thought I had it fixed but still wont fire. It has good spark in both jugs . I realized that while it was cranking the gas air mix was actually blowing out of the front of the carb not drawing in. I popped the valve cover everything looks good and the cam turns when cranking,Valve springs look good I took out the timing belt cover bolts and pulled it back far enough to see it looks in good shape and is real tight I dont think it could have jumped. Is it cranking backward, the clutch spins counter clockwise? could the muffler be plugged I am stumped.
Old 06-28-2012, 06:32 PM   #4
jeffrun
Gone Wild

K&S- Your problem really sounds like your intake valves are not fully closing, which would spit fuel back ou of carb. I recommend you set the clearances on your valves. There is a stickey on the procedure. A compression test would also tell you if you have ring or valve problems. If you suspect plugged muffler, crack your exhaust pipe before muffler and see if it makes a difference.
jeffrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:19 PM   #5
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

Do a compression test first thing.Post the results.
Heliarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:18 AM   #6
suspicious_package
Not Yet Wild

Check your valve lash on the two inner valves. With the cams pointed down on each, check the gap. My bet is there isn't one. Back the adjustment out to .40-.60 (mine are .50) or, if you don't have a feeler gauge, back them out 1/3 turn from touching.
suspicious_package is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:23 AM   #7
K&S
Not Yet Wild

Well you guys were on the money the intake valves were not fully closed I backed them off and cranked it with the valve cover off not expecting it to start and it fired right up AND I know the oil pump is working well as I had fountain !! Thanks to everyone who replied, I think it is a little tired and it smokes when cold a little and does not have a lot of power to go up hills, I cut the seal off the gov cable and cranked it down and it helped a lot ,it goes fast on the level so I can't beat it for a free
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO