lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2013, 05:56 AM   #1
KRB23117
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Timing?

2004 Bobcat 2100S........ it's a Club Car 4 seater. Replaced the engine less than 2 years ago. FE400 Kawasaki. Here's the deal: It ran fine up until about a month ago. The guys were complaining about it being difficult to start, and you really, REALLY had to baby the throttle or it would just die. So, I changed the fuel filter, changed the air filter, and cleaned the fuel bowl, even though it was near spotless. No change. New spark plug. Okay, now it runs a little better, but still seems to stumble from time to time. Took the carb off, apart, and cleaned it... I don't like the inability to adjust much of anything on that. Anyway, I dropped it while trying to put it back on and messed up one side of it, so... new carburetor. No change. It idles rough and stumbles. Found the manual for it and started troubleshooting, determined by testing that the rev limiter needed to be changed. Okay, originally thought it was a fuel problem, then spark. Well, the rev limiter improved it, but still, something just ain't right. I swear it acts like the spark is weak, so the coil gets replaced. Now it will start and idle, and will even pick up and run, BUT, it ain't right. I know there is no way to adjust the timing, but I am at my wit's end. It runs but sounds like it is out of time, knock and everything. Once the rpms come up, it smooths out a bit, but man this thing is aggravating me. It still seems to have a miss or something going on that is just pissing me off! The replacement coil is suspect to me, as it dosen't exactly match the original. Club Car says it's the correct one, but it's a little thicker and wider than the original, and I ain't too sure that the radii of the two match. How perfect should that be? It's gapped at spec, just a lkittle tighter at the ends than in the center. Short way of describing all of this, it acts like the ytiming is off. Any ideas? Insights? Advice? Thanks in advance.
KRB23117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-02-2013, 08:17 AM   #2
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Timing?

have you checked the flywheel to see if the key is sheered or shifted , i would start by checking the valve lash as these club cars can be funny sometimes the rockers just don't sit right or a pushrod bends and it will run but like total crap then move on to checking the flywheel key and keep us posted as to what happens
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:21 AM   #3
KRB23117
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Thanks for the input, and yeah the key is good. This engine has hydraulic lifters, but I will check those pushrods.
I also have some Seafoam coming. I don't think it is a carbon issue, but until I find it, I'll try almost anything.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #4
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i know their hydos but those rockers and pushrods have been known to do some wierd things
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:38 PM   #5
clubcar5
Gone Wild

Club Car

what's with the crane pic? You operate or build? Makes me want to put tracks on my cart....
clubcar5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:02 AM   #6
KRB23117
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubcar5 View Post
what's with the crane pic? You operate or build? Makes me want to put tracks on my cart....
LOL. I inspect and repair. I like where your mind is going.....
Old 10-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #7
KRB23117
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Well fellers, I are stumped. Nothing thus far has improved this pitiful condition. This thing does have the ACR, and I am wondering if that thing is stuck, has a broken spring, or is just misbehaving. No time to tear it down right now, as I am rebuilding the front drive axle of a backhoe that is a bit higher on the priority list. Any more ides?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car