lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2013, 07:53 PM   #1
TurfGuy4521
Not Yet Wild

Default Gas in the Oil

Hello I need help with my 99 Club Car Carryall Turf 2 I recently purchased. I am getting gas in the oil due to the carb constanly flooding. First thing I did was take the carb off and clean it. Nothing changed. Took the air intake tube off. Nothing changed. Took the fuel pump off cleaned it out. Still same problem. I have also replaced all the fuel lines and installed a new spark pulg. Still flooding out. So I purchased a brand new carberator and installed it. Still floods out. The cart will run if you hook the fuel line up to the carb and let the bowl fill up with gas then it starts to bog down and flood out unless you quickly pull the fuel line off, in which case she will smooth back out and run perfectly until the bowl runs dry. I did find I was able to get it to run good by turning the gas shut off valve (located on the line from the gas tank to the fuel pump) to the nearly closed position. Then when I hooked up the fuel line to the carb it ran perfect agian until I took my foot off the gas and tried to get it to go again (it flooded its self out after I took my foot off the gas). I took the old carb and blew into the fuel inlet tube (with the bowl off) used my finger to raise the float up, and with the float all the way up I was not able to blow any more. So I suspect that the old carb isnt even bad. Im at a loss on this. I need help!
TurfGuy4521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-11-2013, 08:40 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Gas in the Oil

I would think too much fuel pressure. What pump do you have?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:41 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Your float valve isn't sealing in the Carb. Or the float is sinking.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:47 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

That is what I thought but op put a new carb on it
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:59 PM   #5
Richbunnie
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Questions. 1 The new carb is it a direct replacement? 2 is the fuel pump stock?
Richbunnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:17 PM   #6
Romrok
Not Yet Wild

Are you refitting the overflow hose to the carb?
I have found if it is blocked it will cause flooding on shutdown every time.
Leave it off to test.

Rom
Romrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:42 PM   #7
TurfGuy4521
Not Yet Wild

Updates. I have replaced the factory vaccum operated fuel pump with a brand new one. This seemed to change nothing. Yes the carb is a direct replacement and yes the screw valve for the tube coming off of the bowl is open.
TurfGuy4521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car