lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-27-2013, 04:30 AM   #1
TeddyLin
Not Yet Wild

Default Why Won't My 93' Start?

Hi all,

I have a 93' Club Car DS. It won't start for some reason. When I put the accelerator to the floor I can hear the belts turning and after a minute or so I can smell gasoline but the cart just won't go. I've checked the lead to the spark plug and it appears to be attached but I don't know if it's working properly. I got it to run briefly for about 5 minutes but it sputtered to a stop immediately afterward.

When I turn the cart on, I can hear what sounds like the cylinder moving and the intake taking in air but there's really no combustion. Could it be a bad spark plug? Any suggestions would be helpful or else I'll have to call in a rather costly maintenance guy.

Thanks!
TeddyLin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-27-2013, 08:02 AM   #2
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Default Re: Why Won't My 93' Start?

hey ted,

i dont know really where to tell ya to begin.
as far as the spark plug goes, pull it out and hook the spark plug wire back up, lay the plug on the head next to the spark plug hole, crank the motor and check for spark from the plug......

while the plug is out, take you thumb and cover the spark plug hole, crank the motor, good compression will pop the thumb off......

those are 2 things that really require no tools.....and will give you a place to start....

hope this helps......
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
start, turn, turn over, turns, won't
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car