lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2014, 08:24 PM   #21
MXTex
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G1 engine build project

I continue to gather information. Yamaha part # 3TT-13621-00-00 is for the gasket that fits between the reed valve assembly and cylinder of the G1. A cross reference of this part number shows that it is used on quite a few Yamaha motors including a 1983 YZ80. What this means is that the carb joint and carb from a 1983 YZ80 will bolt right onto this G1 motor. Stock G1 carb is 16mm. YZ80 carb is 28mm. Not sure the carb joint will hold the carb at the right angle though.
MXTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2014, 08:51 PM   #22
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

Here's the video.
What rpms are you looking to turn?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=QNFBJDzMfUY
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:37 PM   #23
MXTex
Not Yet Wild

That's impressive Marathon. I really don't have a target rpm range. Just want it to scream....lol. Yet still have reasonable bottom end. This cart is purely a pit vehicle at the races. There will be no golf course duty. For these reasons, I don't want to go nuts on carb size. On my sons KTM 200 dirt bikes, we ran 39mm carbs. So I know 200cc can support a lot of carb. But those bikes were high rpm screamers all the time. For this thing, I think a YZ80 carb at 28mm might be just what the doctor ordered. A substantial increase over stock but not overkill by any means. I just need to figure out the carb joint.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:47 PM   #24
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

I made my own carb joint. If you look in the video, it's just a 1/2" aluminum plate with a Mikuni rubber carb flange mounted to it. The plate has a center hole to match the size of the carb flange, and 4 holes for mounting.
1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 12:25 PM   #25
MXTex
Not Yet Wild

Well, my engine project went dormant for a while. But I'm getting going again. Included herein are pictures of the cylinder porting and case matching. Comments welcomed.

Old 08-26-2014, 08:13 AM   #26
ekaybe
Not Yet Wild

Can't wait to see you making progress on this build again!
ekaybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 12:35 PM   #27
TheGDFP
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

4 month bump :)

Did you get any port measurements before and after porting?
TheGDFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 03:05 PM   #28
85.G3
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
I never found a good answer on that (and not having google time right now), though I doubt its on a golf cart engine because it makes more power. The banshee had a boost bottle, I was under the impression it was for low rpm or idle quality or something like that. Personally I would be reserved to change anything unless I had good info, the G1 is very proven. I was riding them around when I was a kid and they were brand new, and I'm not a kid anymore, and they are still riding around lol. Oh wait, I was maybe jumping them at times...
The link below is a good explanation on boost bottles. We had them on the older Yamaha MX bikes but as I recall they went away about a year or two after they came out. I think the variable exhaust valves eliminated the need. I don't recall anyone but Yamaha having them

http://www.2-stroke-porting.com/Boost_Bottle.html
85.G3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 12:11 PM   #29
copperhead1971
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXTex View Post
That's impressive Marathon. I really don't have a target rpm range. Just want it to scream....lol.
great work... but if you want to scream, just wait till your all done ,sit down on you new ride and open all the bills to make this speed demon,that should make you scream
copperhead1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha