lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-02-2014, 09:58 AM   #11
67txcoupe
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Should I keep my Gas or Electric EZGO?

THANKS VERY MUCH for that info kgsc....excellent info. I'll check the vale adjustment and also the oil. I may go ahead and change it since I'm not sure what oil the previous owner put in there.

As much as I enjoy driving the electric cart I can't help but feel a bit constrained due to it's distance limitations.
67txcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-02-2014, 10:00 AM   #12
67txcoupe
Not Yet Wild

And yes....looks like the electric cart is a "Series" cart.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:59 AM   #13
67txcoupe
Not Yet Wild

THANKS again to everyone for the information and opinions. A deal popped up on CL yesterday for a 2008 EZ-Go ST Sport with the 400cc Kawasaki motor and I jumped on it. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions about it over the next few weeks.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:26 PM   #14
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

That is the engine I have in my rxv. My primary clutch was giving me issues so I pulled the trigger and got the upgrade package to the Team clutches. Big difference in torque. Lost a little in speed but pulls like a beast. Also read somewhere to be careful in what oil filter you use. Lots of people buy the like the Fram, Wix and such but read where that can possibly do damage to the motor because the pressure relief is too high. Good ole Kaw filter was like $8 so good enough for me.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:25 AM   #15
67txcoupe
Not Yet Wild

Good info kgsc....I'm big on maintenance so good to know about the oil filter. In fact, I plan on changing the oil/fluids, check bearings, check air filter, brakes, etc, etc (ya know....give it a good "once over").

I'm about to start a new post on this thing....have a few questions.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:04 PM   #16
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If you have the round tube air filter look for Kohler 25 083 02-s Stens number is 100-533. Around $12
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO