lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2014, 07:36 PM   #1
C@TCH
Not Yet Wild

Default New G1 owner

The campground I am going to use my cart at requires all carts to have lights and horn or bell.
I have some lights but was wondering is it better to hook them up so they only power on when started, or always hot and tun on with switch.
Either way what wires should I be using, always hot could be wired right to battery ,right?
C@TCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-25-2014, 09:55 PM   #2
heavygs
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New G1 owner

G1's are hard to wire anything to the key because the power actually goes thru the gas pedal, it only powers up when you press on the pedal. I just finished rewiring mine, added a secondary wiring harness, don't know if you want to go that far.

And I like the cart , saw it on your other post
heavygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:52 AM   #3
C@TCH
Not Yet Wild

Thanks heavygs, I would like to know more about your homemade lift.
C@TCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:05 PM   #4
heavygs
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Here is my build thread- Latest Project

Also check out the G1 Owners thread, a few other guys have done some nice builds on G1's, Pachanga sells a lift similar to mine
heavygs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 11:26 AM   #5
ewbldavis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I ran a hot from battery to switch for lights and "accessories".

The power from switch runs back to a fuse block I mounted on side of battery box (I used an RV battery box). All individual circuits (lights, fuel gauge, voltmeter) run to a grounding bar by battery. Works well!
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha