lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2014, 09:22 PM   #1
rheller
Not Yet Wild

Default G29 lights on a g22

Anyone know if the teardrop style g29 headlights will mount on a g16-22?
rheller is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2014, 10:50 PM   #2
Spudgunman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G29 lights on a g22

The knockoff units anyway are reasonably flexible - I would assume you can fit them at worst use a heat gun to flex them into shape.
Spudgunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:28 AM   #3
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheller View Post
Anyone know if the teardrop style g29 headlights will mount on a g16-22?
No, they won't work. You need the OEM Yamaha Streamline light kit.
GCA-JU015-00-00.

Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:00 AM   #4
cohocarl
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in VA View Post
No, they won't work. You need the OEM Yamaha Streamline light kit.
GCA-JU015-00-00.
UPS's delivery alert e-mail says I should have my kit tonight.:) I will post pics of contents either tonight or tomorrow, then some install pics to follow.

Dave. Nice looking cart.
cohocarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:49 PM   #5
cohocarl
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohocarl View Post
I will post pics of contents
Looks like a nice quality kit. Picked up a cutting bit for my Dremel today to start cutting when I get some time. Going to be tied up pretty much the rest of the week...

I ran the instructions through my scanner and made a .pdf file which is attached below, BUT the instructions from Yamaha are printed on both sides, so my .pdf file has all odd pages, then all even pages....(sorry) But it will give you an idea of what's needed to install them.

Carl
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HeadlightInstODDthenEVEN.pdf (9.33 MB, 0 views)
Old 06-30-2014, 08:39 PM   #6
Dave in VA

Yamaha

The harness also has connections for a horn and button...
Old 07-01-2014, 05:43 AM   #7
cohocarl
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in VA View Post
The harness also has connections for a horn and button...
I haven't removed my steering wheel or shaft yet. Is there room to run leads down through the inside of the column?

Also, I did notice on the first page of the instructions, (see attached) it lists a different part number for G19 and G22 Electrics. (?)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg LightPartNumbers.jpg (49.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-01-2014, 06:50 AM   #8
Dave in VA

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohocarl View Post
I haven't removed my steering wheel or shaft yet. Is there room to run leads down through the inside of the column?

Also, I did notice on the first page of the instructions, (see attached) it lists a different part number for G19 and G22 Electrics. (?)

No, I don't think that will work. I mounted the horn buttons on the dash under the light switch. Or there are floor mount, foot operated buttons.

Check your PM's...

Old 07-20-2014, 04:30 PM   #9
cohocarl
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I bought a pair of horns at Harbor Freight that came with a relay, so I assume they must draw some pretty good current, so I'll wire them up separately from the horn leads built into the light wiring harness, with a momentary switch mounted by the cup holders. I cut a couple pieces of some light angle iron, drilled a couple 1/4" holes in each piece, then bolted them down to the two holes already in the bar the windshield mount is screwed into.

I got the body back on this weekend, seat covered, bag tub & bumpers sprayed with bed liner.

Overall, I'd say the Yamaha light kit is of top notch quality, but I don't like the way the headlights are retained on the body. Going to think of a better system...just haven't came up with it yet.

Note: when cutting out for the rear lights, take a good look at how they are retained. They are retained differently than the front. You must make the hole just the right size for a pressure fit between the grommet on the tail light and the cut-out hole in the body. A little too small and it's too tight to get it in, a little too large, and you light is too loose. (Don't ask me how I know.....)

Don't know if you can see them, but I mounted a couple LED "Eagle Eye" lights below the tail lights wired up to the reverse micro switch.

Old 10-23-2014, 11:30 PM   #10
nickbuchanan
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Great looking carts! I just picked up a '03 G22 and I am beginning to prioritize the modifications. Lights are an important part for me. I prefer the look of the streamline kit and will be stopping by my local dealer to get a quote on this light kit tomorrow. Approximately how long did it take to complete the install?
nickbuchanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha