lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2014, 01:53 PM   #1
pfwjr
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Post 1983 EZGO Marathon Gas manuals needed

Please Help!! I have a 1983 Marathon gas that I am slowly but surely rebuilding. I desperately need a 1983 service manual in PDF form, and also parts and owners manuals if possible.

Unfortunately this one model year has a unique service manual, I believe the EZGO number to be 18880G1. I have searched many times all over this forum, other forums, as well as the internet, and have already downloaded several other manuals prior to and after 1983, but these do not cover the unique differences of the 1983 model. Please do not refer me to the tech section or the other standard sources of manuals, unless you know this manual is located there, as I have already spent many hours scouring all these locations.

Thank you to anyone who can help!
pfwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2014, 02:12 PM   #2
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Default Re: 1983 EZGO Marathon Gas manuals needed

Welcome to BGW!

Here's the best I can do for 1983 - an illustrated parts manual, covers both gas and electric models for that year.

Golf Carts, Elec & Gas, 1983, 80047G1SP-1.pdf

Will keep digging for the actual service manual.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:58 PM   #3
pfwjr
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

93yellowclubcar ,

Thx so much, this is the first 1983 specific manual I have seen. I should have posted a year ago! Just so I can be sure I am using the manual correctly, my mfg code is H0483 and my serial #296709. I assume this means that my full serial # is H0483 296709. If I see, for example, an effective serial # for Gas 4Wheel of A8327 274715, then any 1983 model after that (like mine) would apply, is that correct?

This is really helpful. Let me know if you find the service manual.
pfwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 05:17 PM   #4
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

I'm no expert on EZGO serial #s, I can tell you anything you want to know about a Club Car by the serial #, but I'm still learning EZGO #s. Hopefully someone well versed can step in and help you out on that one.

As for the service/owner's manual (they're one and the same for 1983), the one source I have for them is missing the 1983 manual. Someone out there might have one, but it'll be hard to track down since 83 is the oddball year with the different engine mount and the muffler that lays horizontal up behind the engine. I think as far as the engine itself goes, the info in the manuals for 84 and a little newer should be the same, the muffler and engine mount is just different.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 12:55 PM   #5
Redprick
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I too am looking for this manual, called EZ-Go today and was told they don't have one. Nothing should shock me anymore but I was amazed that the manufacturer doesn't have a manual. Just shows my ignorance. Here is to the hopes of finding one (fingers crossed)
Redprick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1983, 1983 ezgo manual, 1983 marathon manual, manual for 1983 ezgo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO