lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2014, 08:07 PM   #1
Supertacks
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Parts source for 93 EZ GO GXT804

I just picked up my first cart. Its a 94 GXT804 Truck. I have read about everything I can find on the forums for the GXT and have seen many references that it is a slightly modded Marathon.

The front plastic cowl cap on this truck is cracked so I would like to replace it. I haven't had much luck finding a source.

I think I would also like to freshen the rear fenders.

It seems to be in pretty decent shape otherwise. No rust, no dingers, and just had a brand new motor put in it. I paid 1100 for it, but I needed a good runner right off the bat.

Did I do O.K.?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0309.jpg (226.8 KB, 0 views)
Supertacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2014, 09:24 AM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Parts source for 93 EZ GO GXT804

Congrats - those are GREAT carts (I've owned a couple) ... The cowl cap is an Ebay item - search "Marathon Cowl" - (best price generally) and will run You about $55 or so, the hard part is installing it (real fiddly to get rivets or screws in the right place without disassembling the whole cowl) ... Suspension, Engine, Electrics, Steering, etc are 100% late Marathon ...

A couple of hints, go out and buy some heavy-duty rubber tape (1" will do but 1.25" is perfect, 1/8" thick works but 1/4" is better) and line the top of the frame where Your box rails sit - it'll stop almost all the rattles and noise You get from there. Second, as to the fenders, wash them real good and use a restorer such as one made by Turtle Wax (it's called "Black Restorer" and works wonders, lasts far longer than the products by Mothers, etc) - in fact, You can use that on the rubber trim, dash, etc and it will REALLY shine things up.

Congrats on a great find, price wasn't so bad either (I literally sold a fairly beat-up GXT804 last week for $1300, yours is far nicer)

Also, if You are considering a lift, here's my buddies '94 that we installed a 5" ATV Engineering kit on with 22X11-8 Tires:

BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:12 AM   #3
Supertacks
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Parts source for 93 EZ GO GXT804

Thank you so much for the response. I actually did end up going to Ebay and got a cowl for 66 shipped. I also ended up getting 28 feet of the rubber trim for 60 bucks.

The fenders actually look O.K. but are warped. That's why I was looking for replacements. It looks like I could use a standard set of Marathon flares though, perhaps with some mods where they meet the bed.
Supertacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO