lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2014, 02:00 PM   #11
cheaperts
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Newbie Here and As a G1 Owner-Need Lots of Tips

On the evening's agenda, drain the stinky old gas, I haven't studied the fuel tank, how are those straps held tight?

I'm going to premix, but I'm just leaving the oil pump in place on the engine, I don't want to fabricate a block off. Can I just plug the lines on the pump? And the line going to the exhaust, just cap it at the muffler or what?
cheaperts is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-13-2014, 02:10 PM   #12
Field6565
Gone Wild

Theres two bolts under the gas tank holding the straps tight. Hopefully they come off and not rusted on. Just plug up the oil injecfor lines if you want to premix.
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 02:15 PM   #13
Field6565
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheaperts View Post
Got the motor pulled last night, pretty simple to remove. It was super crusty and wet on the fan side, I didn't get pictures when I removed the cowling from the powerhead, but it was packed with grass and dirt in the fins. Got it all stripped down except for the inner part of the clutch, waiting for the tool to arrive later this week. The fan side was ridiculously oiled and dirty, the magneto cup was packed solid with oily mud. Took an hour to pull the motor and tear it down, 2.5 hours to clean it up reasonable to be ready for new parts.
A couple of pics.....
Yeah that seal has been leaking for quite sometime. Was the past owner premixing or using the oil injector? Thats a lot of oil. Should run like new with new seals.
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 06:16 PM   #14
cheaperts
Not Yet Wild

Default Re:OK the oil tank and it's lines

I'm going to just remove the oil tank since we won't be using it, the line coming from the top of it to the differential, what is that about? can I just cap off the nipple on the differential? Does it serve some magic purpose?
Old 10-13-2014, 08:11 PM   #15
cheaperts
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: What is this?

Just curious, anyone?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20141013_193933.jpg (171.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-13-2014, 08:50 PM   #16
meangreenmachine72
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Good luck and can't wait to hear results. I have 3 g1's one that is pictured and two that have rough bodies and not sure if they run. I am looking for a roof and roof struts for mine but they are hard to find.
meangreenmachine72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 06:09 PM   #17
meangreenmachine72
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

If you decide to do away with roof and bars just pm me I would be interested. I just picked up a few obsolete parts and was really happy. Just closed up Down The shore and now I need to get my garage in shape so my son and I can do some things to cart pictured and the other 3. I think I have the fever. People wante to fix carts up and sell them but after doing the work I don't want to let them go.
Old 10-15-2014, 12:36 PM   #18
bvilleharleycart
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Nice cart, we also have a G1 (1981) . While you're in there you might want to remove the gears and such for the oiler, no need having dry gears in there. I did that to ours and it's been fine. I didn't want that fiber gear breaking apart. Just a thought.
bvilleharleycart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 09:15 PM   #19
cheaperts
Not Yet Wild

received the clutch tool and new carb base from cart king today, after a few tense moments the clutch popped loose, just knew Igoing to strip something.
Seal looked decent behind the oil pump but I am replacing both seals, getting it out was quite a challenge! Now I'm just waiting on parts to start putting it all back together.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:45 PM   #20
meangreenmachine72
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: What is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheaperts View Post
Just curious, anyone?
It is the air filter air chamber.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha