lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2014, 07:11 PM   #1
secondchance22107
Not Yet Wild

Question 1986 j42 g3a

Is the 1986 g3a a cart by itself I cannot find a service manual for it or I am not looking in the right place. I need to know the compression mine is 120 and how much pressure the fuel pump needs to operate. I put a vac ,pressure gauge on the line from the block and had 0 pressure or vaccum . Thanks in advance
secondchance22107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2014, 06:52 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: 1986 j42 g3a

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondchance22107 View Post
Is the 1986 g3a a cart by itself I cannot find a service manual for it or I am not looking in the right place. I need to know the compression mine is 120 and how much pressure the fuel pump needs to operate. I put a vac ,pressure gauge on the line from the block and had 0 pressure or vaccum . Thanks in advance
Sorry for the late responce. 120 lbs compression is great. Most times the crank seals go bad and the fuel pump runs off crankcase pressure, so the no fuel problem. Another thing to look for....cracked rubber hoses to the steel hard fuel line.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 09:08 PM   #3
secondchance22107
Not Yet Wild

Thanks I cleaned the carb,fuel pump and primed it oil pump is not responding so premix now,idles but will not go past idle bogs.thinking of disconnecting the governor pulled the the tube on the oil pump from the exhaust to test run to see if muffler is pluged that didn't help pulled the reed vales and cleaned they looked good also.i know about the black and white wires to disconnect so the stop switch is inoperable but I don't know where either is located I have a manual but pictures suck (yes it's a ebay special) lol.the carb was real clean I did notice the air screw was bent on the end but it goes to stop and backs out good tried at 11/2 but it seemed to work a little bett past the 2 turn and even when out completely it still idled ? Any Ideas would be a blessing thanks also new plug and gas filter great also the pump is working now didn't know about the priming till I got the manual p.s. Put carb cleaner spray by both seals and no change in idle at either
Old 10-17-2014, 01:25 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Just so you know, typical golf cart motors (including the Yamaha G-3) have no "idle" speed. They run, or stop when you let off the gas pedal. If it is cranking over, but not "revving up" that would be the same as cranking your car, but the engine not starting. If it is not making the familiar 2-stroke "pop-pop-pop-pop", it is not "running". Pull the spark plug wire off and ground it to the motor with a screwdriver, crank it over, if it sounds the same, it is not "running" or "idling" at all. Compare the sound to the "pop-pop-pop-pop" of a chainsaw in your mind. (i didn't mean a real "chainsaw in your mind- horror movie gory death").
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 09:33 AM   #5
secondchance22107
Not Yet Wild

I changed spark plug and it has fire I know it's running its smoking a little but bogs at anything above idle .. Thanks
Old 10-17-2014, 04:58 PM   #6
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Check the exhaust valve linkage. The valve is in the nut ring between the cylinder head and muffler. The linkage runs in front of the engine, then on the passanger side to the govenor linkage. It's desighned to stay partially closed at low rpm for more torque and then open all the way at wide open throttle. Maybe your's is stuck closed?
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 06:40 PM   #7
secondchance22107
Not Yet Wild

I thought that was the governor but it moves freely.ui disconnected it and would do nothing but idle......found some seepage past the plug thought it was the head gasket but it looks good with no chaffing or leaks I could see on it.plug was loaded with gas and oil mixture to the point of dripping when I took it out first time I ever saw that.i defer if the exhaust was plugged when I took of the fitting out the exhaust for the oil pump pulse being a 1/2 inch hole I should have seen an improvement but it was the same.just out of possibility going to change the seals and head gasket and plug again while I have it down. Thanks for helping
Old 10-18-2014, 11:13 PM   #8
secondchance22107
Not Yet Wild

Well today I found that sometimes the spray by the seals will not be accurate I pulled the fan and when I pulled the timing plate there was a spring being held by the magnet doing mechanic work for over 40 years I knew that is was a seal spring and sure enough it was.hoping that when my puller gets here I can pull and change the other seal ant that will resolve the problem. Now question how to block the valve from closing inside the exhaust going to search now thanks.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:56 PM   #9
secondchance22107
Not Yet Wild

Removed the clutch seal today after recieving tool well the seal was completly seperated at the shaft nothing left but melted rubber .
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha