lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-06-2016, 09:30 AM   #1
jonl
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Testing F/R switch on a DS

I have a 1994 DS but the F/R switch is not the original. Thus when I pulled up the manual on the 1994 and looked at how to test, it was not the same switch. Can anyone tell me what year this switch is so I can get the right year manual to test it OR can anyone direct me to an article or explanation on how to test this switch? Thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20161006_085659839.jpg (229.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20161006_085713236.jpg (214.5 KB, 0 views)
jonl is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-06-2016, 09:44 AM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Testing F/R switch on a DS

I think You have the correct year, but it is a 36v controller cart (based on the charger receptacle):
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...ire_vglide.jpg
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 11:02 AM   #3
jonl
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Yes, serial number says the cart is 1994, but when I downloaded the Club Car 1994 Service Manual and it shows the F/R switch and gives the testing instructions, it is a different switch with the lugs in different places and the wire colors different. That is why I thought the switch must have been replaced, but the wire colors match up with what you posted. Where did that come from and is there a service manual that details the process to test that switch? Thanks!
Old 10-06-2016, 11:22 AM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

There were different driving systems in 1994 for the Club Car DS, look for the section about: Solid State Speed Controller (V-Glide wiper switch with discrete resistors).

You can just place the FNR in Neutral, disconnect the wires from one micro-switch at the time and make sure You get continuity on the terminals of the micro-switch when the lever is depressed.

As far as the high current contacts, it is best to disassemble the FNR and look at the copper buss-bar and studs for damage.

If all that tests/looks good, You may want to post the problem You are having.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 03:03 PM   #5
jonl
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Wow, it might help if I would open my eyes and read the manual . . . Thanks for pointing out what should have been obvious!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car