lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-2017, 03:35 PM   #1
Bmess11
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Proper diode placement on solenoid..?

On my ezgo dcs cart, on a stock solenoid the positive side will be the large terminal connecting to the battery... correct? Does that make the small terminal on the same side as the battery terminal the positive side also? Trying to figure make sure I connect the diode correct. The band side of the diode connects to the positive side? Thanks.
Bmess11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-01-2017, 04:26 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Proper diode placement on solenoid..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmess11 View Post
1. On my ezgo dcs cart, on a stock solenoid the positive side will be the large terminal connecting to the battery... correct? 2. Does that make the small terminal on the same side as the battery terminal the positive side also? Trying to figure make sure I connect the diode correct.
3. The band side of the diode connects to the positive side? Thanks.
1. Yes
2. NO! The small terminal with three wires on it is the positive side and the small terminal with the single (blue) wire on it is the negative side. Which small terminal has three wires on it is determined by whoever installed the wires.
3. Yes
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 04:43 PM   #3
Bmess11
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Proper diode placement on solenoid..?

Thanks Jonnieb,
. I have been looking through this service manual and this photo only shows a red and yellow on the small post but I have a red, yellow, and a yellow/white one for the key switch. And then the blue wire on the other small post. I'm just trying to find out what's causing my problem.IMG_0908.jpg
Bmess11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO