lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2012, 10:54 AM   #11
FF Titus
Gone Wild

Default Re: Instructions for RXV hitch install?

Spoke with Redhawk again and they said the bumper needs to come off, and there's two holes in the frame that those two mystery bolts thread into. Then you're to knotch into the bumper to make it fit.
FF Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2013, 06:09 PM   #12
finnwegian
Not Yet Wild

Id like to order this part but after reading up on it, im worried. Do you really have to cut the cart body?
finnwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:00 AM   #13
FF Titus
Gone Wild

The bumper yes, it's a total PITA to install and personally I don't like it. I would advise against ordering it.
FF Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:06 PM   #14
monkey-1
Monkeylicious

E-Z-GO

If you have to modify the cart, that is not a great design. If I had access to a RXV, I could make something that would require modding.

If anyone in Central Mississippi would be willing to let me use their RXV for a 'fitting', Let me know via PM.
monkey-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #15
2manytoyz
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Finally got around to this project. The seller never did come through with instructions.

I looked in the service manual to verify there are threaded mounting holes in the frame, hidden behind the plastic bumper structure.

Rather than take off the back tires, and all the bolts holding the bumper in place, I decided to use a $20 Harbor Freight oscillating cutter with a Bosch brand cutting blade (3 pack at Home Depot, direct fit).

It was a bit of a PITA to install. I had to guess how much plastic material to remove. Took a couple of tries to get the right amount. Can't put the hitch in place as a guide as the plastic is in the way. Catch 22.

Once the plastic was removed, the hitch was about 1/8" too narrow to slip over the frame. A few wacks with a 2.5# mallet bent the mounting tabs out enough to get it to slide on.

The rest of the bolt on went fine. I don't like that the hitch points slightly downward. Because of the mounting holes, this isn't adjustable. I think I will cut off the lower tabs from the hitch, swing it up into a level position, and weld the hitch to the frame.

Because the hitch points down, it makes the drawbar point down too. I used a 6" rise type bar, and it was still a bit low.

Give this product a 'D' rating out of the box. With some mods, it'll work fine.
2manytoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:49 PM   #16
MiltonC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

That was going to be my comment, that it looks as if it matches the leaf spring bolts.
MiltonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO