lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2014, 11:25 AM   #1
corywash
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default No movement if accelerator pressed to quickly?

I have a 48 Volt 97 Club Car DS. I upgraded the controller to a FSIS 700 amp controller (I have it turned all the way down which it says limits it to 50%). I upgraded to an HD solenoid upgraded the diode on the solenoid. Upgraded to 4g wires throughout. I upgraded to F/R switch to a HD model. All done to prepare for an motor upgrade. The motor is stock at this time. Oh and I also put in a new set of trojan batteries (6 - 8 volt batteries).

My question is about the acceleration. If I step down on the accelerator pedal quickly it clicks but nothing happens. If I push it down more slowly it will take off and run fine. The other thing it does is if you are driving and let off the accelerator a few times to quickly it will no longer go forward. You have to let it sit for about a minute and then it will go again. During that time it will go in reverse but not forward. It isn't a huge problem but I am worried it is a sign of problems to come. Any ideas where to start looking for the problem? I want to get everything working correctly before I move on the the motor swap.
corywash is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-17-2014, 11:49 AM   #2
branson
Not here yet

E-Z-GO

Default Re: No movement if accelerator pressed to quickly?

4 gauge wire is not big enough for a 700 amp controller. you need number one or two. I don't know what would be wrong with your controller there's people that know more about it than me. do you have all the diodes installed properly and the resistors
it could be something to do with your throttle linkage. if the controller gets a throttle signal before the solenoid closes you could throw a trouble code on the controller.

Last edited by branson; 06-17-2014 at 01:33 PM.. Reason: at about throttle linkage
branson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:19 PM   #3
Spudgunman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

sounds like a safety mechanism is in play, have you read the spec to make sure that its not limiting a inrush current or flapping of current to protect the system from "abuse"
Spudgunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 03:18 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You may want to check your throttle output signal.... easy to do with an OHM meter. just pull the wires off controller pins 2&3 and plug your meter in, then start pressing the gas both fast and slow and report the results.... you are looking for 5000 - 0 ideally.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car