lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2014, 01:44 PM   #1
Sumner121
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default v-glide assembly

Hey guys,
I have a 94 DS. I was driving it yesterday and punched the gas and noticed the cart was sluggish. I opened the case on the v glide and realized it wasn't reaching the top contact. I took it apart, found what I thought was the problem and began to put it back together. I think when I took it apart I created a whole new problem. I cant get the bolt the holds the wire to go back into place. The bolt on the bottom left (in regards to the picture posted) just slides in and out. Did I strip the plastic part that it threads too? Or am I missing something?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg v-glide.jpg (5.1 KB, 0 views)
Sumner121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2014, 01:47 PM   #2
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Default Re: v-glide assembly

No, that bolt is a royal PITA on any of them I've ever had apart, I usually end up breaking the *&%$ plastic, so be careful. There are, IIRC, nuts on the back side of that bolt, you'll need to take the back cover off too to see them, then reassembly will be easy(er).
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:50 PM   #3
Sumner121
Getting Wild
Club Car

explains the extra noise I heard when loosening it. I guess it was those nuts falling off. Thanks so much you and you're right....that sounds like a huuuggge PITA
Old 06-26-2014, 01:57 PM   #4
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

FYI: The potential to throw things and curse is much less if you take it out of the cart, but taking it out is a good way to break something else too.
Old 06-26-2014, 02:18 PM   #5
Sumner121
Getting Wild
Club Car

Well, I got the problem bolt back in. but it seems like theres still about 1/2 inch of free play so the wiper arm is still only reaching right before the last contact. The bolt the actually holds the wiper arm in place (it extends to the clip so when you press the pedal it engages the arm) won't tighten. the nut seems like it keeps wanting to back out and just keeps spinning (with some resistance) any ideas bud?
Old 06-26-2014, 02:48 PM   #6
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Not really, but as far as adjustments go, this thread came to mind - good info in there.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...justments.html
Old 06-27-2014, 10:01 PM   #7
Sumner121
Getting Wild
Club Car

weelllp, that worked perfectly V-glide reaches the top and disengages at the bottom. but now I am getting 3 red blinks from my alltrax, High pedal disable is what its called, but I have no idea what that means.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:40 PM   #8
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

I believe its a setting that doesn't allow you to have the throttle depressed and then shove it in gear, and I think you can turn it on and off, but Im not sure - some of the guys with Alltrax's will know though.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:52 AM   #9
Sumner121
Getting Wild
Club Car

High Pedal disable alarm.
• Remove foot from throttle on power up
• Throttle out of range, replace throttle.
• Disable HPD switch in ControllerPro

This is what alltrax has to say about it. Is there a chance since I adjusted my accelerator pedal that its thinking I have the throttle pressed on power up even though the microswitch is still opening and closing. Even though I don't want to I could disable the pedal up in my settings... safety is overated?
Old 06-28-2014, 11:54 PM   #10
Sumner121
Getting Wild
Club Car

Figured it out. When I was putting back together the wiper arm I forgot to put the throttle sensor wire back on to the back of it causing the error signal from alltrax controller.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car