lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-05-2020, 08:40 PM   #1
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Back on all 4s again!

This week after work each day I did a little each day. This morning I wrapped out everything. Couldn’t be happier!

All Sports 6” A-Arm Lift, Brakes Flipped, Eye Bolts Added For Traveling, Replaced Leaf Spring Bushings & Sleeves, Rewired Cart With #1 Welding Cables, Aligned Front End & Finally Installed The Wheels and Tires. Also dropped the air pressure from 32# to 15#.

Now just waiting in the back seat kit to come in. Once I install that I’ll start collecting parts for the dash/radio install!

Wayne
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C6638C5D-8308-4BC7-B74C-66E9529E052C.jpg (244.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2DD37AC6-5EB3-4A1A-A250-9E9D6147A55A.jpg (102.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 39EC6AB1-C6CF-47B7-ACAA-C0558019F201.jpg (101.7 KB, 0 views)
Z7What is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-05-2020, 10:19 PM   #2
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Back on all 4s again!

Very nice looking cart, Wayne!! Great job.
I'm just curious about the rear lift having the u-bolts upside down. In another post I think you said you were concerned about the lift block being short. I've never installed a lift kit so I'm not questioning your methods. Again, just curious and learning.
You said the eye bolt was for "traveling". Do you mean you will use it as a tie down point when loaded on a trailer?
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 10:37 PM   #3
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCNorth View Post
Very nice looking cart, Wayne!! Great job.
I'm just curious about the rear lift having the u-bolts upside down. In another post I think you said you were concerned about the lift block being short. I've never installed a lift kit so I'm not questioning your methods. Again, just curious and learning.
You said the eye bolt was for "traveling". Do you mean you will use it as a tie down point when loaded on a trailer?
Yes in a previous post I did mention about the lift blocks being short. I did some things that were mentioned in the All Sports Install Sticky to make me feel more confident in the short blocks but I will still change them out. For now I just wanted to get the cart operational again. Long blocks are still on the list. As for the upside down u-bolts, they work the same either way, I installed them upside down just to have more ground clearance. Not that I will be using the cart that I’ll need more ground clearance, I also think it makes for a cleaner look while looking at the cart from the rear. The eye bolts for traveling is exactly your thoughts. It a spot to attach my straps in order to tie it down to my trailer.

Wayne
Old 12-06-2020, 11:23 AM   #4
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'm gonna steal the eye bolt idea! I think that I will flip my u bolts as well, but the anal side of me will cut the "tails" off so that they do not stick out so far :)

Great looking cart!!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 03:36 PM   #5
Out2Sea
Gone Wild

Other then looks those long blocks will have zero impact. On a two hole yes, but you got four. I have the same design, but made by a fabricator for me to fix the Allsport lift design which I inherited.
Out2Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 08:55 AM   #6
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
I'm gonna steal the eye bolt idea! I think that I will flip my u bolts as well, but the anal side of me will cut the "tails" off so that they do not stick out so far :)

Great looking cart!!
I have OCD pretty bad and have cut the "tails" off, just happen to take the picture before doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out2Sea View Post
Other then looks those long blocks will have zero impact. On a two hole yes, but you got four. I have the same design, but made by a fabricator for me to fix the Allsport lift design which I inherited.
Although your probably right about not having a issue with the blocks being short, my OCD and experience with flip kit brackets on trucks just wont allow me to keep it the way it is. I will either make my own brackets or order a set of longer brackets.

Wayne
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car