lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-08-2020, 08:17 PM   #1
asic_ace
Not Yet Wild

Default Can't identify early 80's Club Car-died

My cart has no ID sticker; it has a diamond plate floor. But the motor has me stumped. I can't find any Google images that match the terminal layout. It has two along the right edge circumference (I'll call them "front" & "rear"). There are two along the body, perpendicular to the other two (I'll call them "left & "right"). If you draw lines across the terminals, you get a "T" with the top across the right of the motor.

R=reverse, F=forward.
The 81-85 schematic looks like the best match except there are no mid-battery taps, maybe someone wanted a faster reverse. My wires are:

F/R SWITCH: 2 red from +BATT. 1 red from motor "left" (always negative). These are fixed. Rotating are: BLK->"rear" (+R/-F (if pedal?)). WHT-> front" (-R/+F).

MOTOR: 1)"front" WHT to #5 solenoid(odd +/- voltages). 2) "rear" BLK to switch (+R/-F w/ pedal). 3)"right" BLK to -BATT. 4) "left" RED to R/F switch (always negative).

My odd measurements are:
All solenoids to coils (relative to buss bar) read zero volts, open or closed, they all click with pedal movement.
Except the last one (WHT wire to motor "front" <-> buss bar) is steady (-R/+F) relative to the batteries, pedal or not. I've gotten confused looking at the buss vs solenoid vs battery so I'll take more readings but something was odd.

In any case, I'd like to ID my cart, especially the motor.
asic_ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car