lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-22-2010, 09:45 AM   #1
mayberry
Not Yet Wild

Default '96 G14 valve seals

Hello all, I have a '96 g14 that I believe needs new valve seal(s) It smokes moderatly at start up then clears, runs fine other than that. I did a compression test and the result was 160psi so I believe rings are in good shape. My questions are : 1) can work be performed w/engine still in cart? 2)shoud I put seal(s) on both intake and exhaust 3) who caries the best parts(quality speaking). I am pretty handy with automobiles ---but am new to golfcarts so ANY and ALL information you can give will be GREATLY appreciated

**there is some oil loss---no oil in air box
mayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2010, 10:01 AM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: '96 G14 valve seals

Is it running low on oil? If not, it may just be running a little rich at first startup. 160 is good compression. You may have some worn valve guides and you will have to pull the head to install them. I would check the oil level first and make sure it is oil your loosing and not a rich startup. My G9 does this at first start. You may also have too much oil in the cart and it is overflowing into the airbox. Check the airbox and see if it has oil in it.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:04 AM   #3
mayberry
Not Yet Wild

Oil does get low have to top off at times
Old 02-22-2010, 10:11 AM   #4
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Check the airbox and see if it has oil in it. May have to much oil and it is overfull: one quart only. Sometimes the dip stick on these misread.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:18 AM   #5
mayberry
Not Yet Wild

oil level does go down no oil in airbox
Old 02-22-2010, 11:22 AM   #6
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Pull head and put in new valve guides/seals.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha