lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2010, 02:03 PM   #1
wish2fish
Gone Wild

Default Overhead stereo wiring - how do I do it?

I'm trying to decide where to install my stereo. for the guys who have installed a stereo to the underside of the roof, how did you run the wires down to the battery and speakers?
wish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2010, 03:20 PM   #2
keokeboy
Getting Wild

Default Re: Overhead stereo wiring - how do I do it?

0n my g8,all my wiring is enclosed in the left side roof down leg,and the rear speaker wires is enclosed in that plastic chrome door edge trim.once you decide where you want to run the wiring, running a fish wire down the tube is a challenge
keokeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:02 PM   #3
headwrench
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

remove the bolts from the down tube and it will be alot easier to fish the wires. just my .02
headwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:25 PM   #4
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

I saw one in Florida last week that had their stereo installed under the roof. They had the wires simply running down the outside of the driver side front leg of the roof. Looked like crap! No way I would put one under the roof if that was the only way to run the wiring.
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:31 PM   #5
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Wish

You will most likely need to drill a hole in your front strut to gain access to the inner part of the strut. It would be easier if you removed the top so you can work with the strut. I used some fishing line and the clamp on fishing weights, got line through there and out the bottom, depending on which side you go, most likely drivers side. I then pulled needed wires, yellow, black and red through the strut, left plenty of slack and then remounted the front strut and so forth. It is a little time consuming but it works. Hope this helps.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:33 PM   #6
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

The one I saw last weekend even had an amp mounted behind his legs near the F/R switch, so he also had that large amp power cord running along the leg of the roof.
Do like Mark and Keo said. You won't regreat hiding the wires.
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:43 PM   #7
bigjohnrider
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

An easy way to fish wire through tubes is to get some string. Then put a blowgun on your air compressor and blow through the tube while feeding in the string. I always tie the end off because sometimes it will slip out of your hand and go completely through. Then you`ll have to start over! When the string comes out of the end of the tube tie it to your wire(s) and pull in whichever direction you want and viola-fished wires.
bigjohnrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center