lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-12-2011, 08:49 PM   #1
hazzyy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Post G22a Axle/Drum Question

Hey everyone...

First post here. Here's my situation. I live in Central America but I'm from New Orleans. I live on an island in Belize where the main vehicle is, believe it or not, golf carts.

We have a 2006 G22A that is lifted like most here. About 3 weeks ago I hit the gas and the cart didn't move. The local mechanic here put on a new driver side brake drum and the problem was fixed until today when my wife was leaving this morning. She hit the gas and the same thing. After thinking about the issue I'm sure that after the axle was spinning inside of the stripped out drum that the axle had to have some wear on it.

So my question is this:

1. Is this a hard repair to do myself? I'm very technical and used to working on things like this. Just yesterday I changed the fork seals on my honda dirtbike.

2. This is on the driver side. Which parts do I need to order? I'll have a friend bring the parts down from the States next week. I'm assuming drum and axle minimum.

3. Do any of you know any where on the web where I can pull directions for this repair?

4. I've searched for service manuals online to no avail. So any help/instructions/tips you can give would be great.

Thanks so much guys
hazzyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-12-2011, 09:54 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: G22a Axle/Drum Question

I believe it is the Dana rearend and the repair is the same as the Ezgo. Pretty simple really. If the smae one you bought last week is stripped out the fault is on the installer. Buy me a ticket to Belize I will bring parts and tools to fix for free while the women cook
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha