lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2011, 10:15 AM   #1
fuzzyhd
Not Yet Wild

Default yammaha g1 problems

Hello everyone, I'm new to this. I have a g1 we use at camp. my jakes 6" lift should be here today. Here's my problem. When i push the throttle it will idle no problem, but when it takes off im at full rpm. there is no slow speed on all country. Thats her name lol. Just wondering if it could be a clutch spring. i'm ordering a plowmans belt today. also i was wondering how to get more low end. Country is fast, hell i beat my buddies 2008 easygo. Wow was he mad when a $500.00 cart beat his $5300.00 cart.
fuzzyhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-09-2011, 12:12 PM   #2
Todd Dolfi
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: yammaha g1 problems

The low end torque would be a spring in the clutch..the no slow speed maybe a cable adjustment ???? An expert should be along shortly..
Todd Dolfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:50 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Turn the key off and look at the throttle on the carb, push pedal, make sure its working right. If the carb leans easily take it out of there and clean the rubber so it can't turn easily as that screws up the throttle on a G1. If not that, odds are it has a clutch problem but normally you get bog at takeoff or limited top speed then.

Lot of times people have the throttle rigged half or wide open and when the cart starts it just takes off, it will turn over on the starter until it runs, it will kill when you let off the pedal.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:50 PM   #4
chuddly
Gone Wild

Yamaha

sounds like and adjustment issue...mine was set up that way too. I lost a little off the top end but i can now roll at a slower pace for trails and what not.
chuddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:58 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

It should be set so you push the pedal a little and it starts and idles, push further and it starts to go, and you should still get WOT with the pedal buried though if you still have a governor it will pull it back. You can adjust the spring to crank the governor up, put a longer screw in it, or clamp the other side to disable but it may trash the throttle cable after a while.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:19 PM   #6
fuzzyhd
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
Lot of times people have the throttle rigged half or wide open and when the cart starts it just takes off, it will turn over on the starter until it runs, it will kill when you let off the pedal.
This is exactly whats happening. ill check it out this weekend. my lift came in and its going on. I'll let ya know.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:35 PM   #7
ky_mike
Gone Wild

Yamaha

You also might want to make sure your clutch is sliding freely on the spindle. Sounds like it is revving up and then releasing all at once. When I took mine apart it has a bunch of dried sludge on it which kept it from taking off slowly. It would build up rpm's and then kind of jump into fast mode.

It should slowly slide over and start grabbing the belt.
ky_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:54 AM   #8
fuzzyhd
Not Yet Wild

Thanks ky_mike, I'll check that too. I just got done checking out your build yesterday before i posted. Great job. Actually your first g1 pic looks like mine right now lol.

Tags
clutch, spring, yammahag1
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha