lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2012, 02:44 PM   #11
kellybell
So wild it hurts!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: made a simple seat prop

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Take the batteries out of the cart, problem solved!

Or you could build up an extension, out of wood to raise the seat a few inches, so the batteries woulnt foul the prop. Of course, you would have to elongate the steering column a bit...... Sitting up that high, a remote ignition switch would be handy, and an extension to the brake pedal would also be needed....
kellybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2012, 02:47 PM   #12
ClubCarDude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingleberry View Post
Nice idea, Hanny. I am a newbie and was wondering myself why a seat prop doesn't come standard on carts. Seems like a no-brainer that it is needed. Can you imagine having to find a hood prop every time you wanted to check the oil on your car?
yes but a car/truck is hood 100% harder to remove (or more lol). You can remove a golf cart bench seat in about 2 secs without tools. Still a seat prop coulld come in handy...
ClubCarDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #13
hanny
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
The seat unhooks very easily and fits in front on the floor. But if you prefer the prop maybe slide the aluminum through a hose to prevent possible shorting.
ya i get the seat R&R is easy but because I lift the seat up to charge my batteries (hoping they would stay a little cooler ?) i needed somethin,,,,, i like the idea of plastic tube over it!!! i will do that soon
hanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:10 PM   #14
Dingleberry
Getting Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: made a simple seat prop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubCarDude View Post
yes but a car/truck is hood 100% harder to remove (or more lol). You can remove a golf cart bench seat in about 2 secs without tools. Still a seat prop coulld come in handy...
Maybe for you strong young studs, but not so easy for us middle aged farts with bad backs
Dingleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:14 AM   #15
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

I wanted something like this also. What I did was use a bungee strap (preferrably with thin hooks), drilled 2 holes on either end of the bottom of the seat (thru the vertical structure supports) spaced so that the bungee is barely stretched, then when I need to prop the seat up I just detach from the side opposite I am positioned and attach to the A pillar. Cheap, Simple and works equally well from either side.
lgbarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:22 AM   #16
kellybell
So wild it hurts!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgbarne View Post
I wanted something like this also. What I did was use a bungee strap (preferrably with thin hooks), drilled 2 holes on either end of the bottom of the seat (thru the vertical structure supports) spaced so that the bungee is barely stretched, then when I need to prop the seat up I just detach from the side opposite I am positioned and attach to the A pillar. Cheap, Simple and works equally well from either side.
Do you have a pic?
Old 06-29-2012, 08:31 AM   #17
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybell View Post
Do you have a pic?
I had a feelin someone would ask this. I am not at the house at the moment. When I get home this afternoon, I'll take some pics and post.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:32 AM   #18
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Do you have a pic?
Unfortunately, it appears you'll have to find something other than an A pillar to hook yours onto.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:01 AM   #19
kellybell
So wild it hurts!

E-Z-GO

Oh yeah. But its hard to visualize w/o a pic.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:28 AM   #20
lgbarne
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Oh yeah. But its hard to visualize w/o a pic.
Also, If I recall correctly, the DS has a flat bottomed piece of wood under the seat. That might mean you'll need to do something a little more involved than mine. Maybe a couple very small angle braces screwed to bottom of seat if nothing is there to hook the bungee to, assuming there is clearance above the batts. In any case, I'll post pics later.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car