lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-02-2008, 03:14 PM   #1
bubba1020
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Red face '89 G2 clutches( Part 2 questions)

just took the cover off my front clutch. Tell me what i'm looking at..... I see the arms that flex in and out to tighten or loosen the belt, then below each pivot point for these arms, I am looking at these white, plastic upside down C-shaped "saddle"- looking things that slide back and forth on a "rail" of some sort. They look to worn and a lot of grease is present in one of the "saddles".Also there are "puddles" of grease inside the actual cover. Where do I go next? Havent torn anything down. Want to play it safe and get some experienced directions on wha to perform next. Second: I am looking behind my rear clutch at these "ramps" that are grey or black in color that ride on what appears to be ramps that are a machined part of the clutch pulley. The spring is dirty and black in color(factory spring I believe u guys have told me) . What do I need to look for (wear-wise) on this unit? Does it just pull off after i have removed the carter pin and nut? I REALLY need to know what parts to check for wear , what they are called, AND instructions on how to remove,disasemble, and relplace these units( I already know where to get my parts from, CPP BABY!!!!!!!! I know this is a lengthy thread but I would like to have this info from a "cart guy" rather than a manual that I do not understand. I am asking these questions because my yammy refuses to climb hills of any severe difficulty( we grow 'em big here in arkansas, LOL!!!!!) Would like to this as cheaply as possible, but half-***. Hope to hear from u guys soon. Got to get my yammy back in action at 100%!!!!
bubba1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-02-2008, 04:13 PM   #2
cart de golf
Gone Wild

Default Re: '89 G2 clutches( Part 2 questions)

C clip on the main output shaft of the secondary probably moved toward the inside causing the shoe ramp to be to far apart & the belt fals in too fast

you need to install a machined spacer to replace the C clip

you will need to take the secondary clutch apart

that spacer normaly comes with power kit to avoid the clip failing
seen here http://www.cartpartsplus.com/yamaha-power-kit.html

on the drive clutch if all the armes are not broken you are ok
cart de golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 06:05 PM   #3
bubba1020
Getting Wild
Yamaha

How do u remove the rear(secondary) assembly? WhAT about the front(primary). Does the front usually need any servicing or should I just put the cover back on and ride? The steps to remove, repair, and install the secondary assembly would be REALLY helpful. Besides machining, what parts would I need to rebuild the assembly? Would appreciate a fast reply.Gotta get back to CARTIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-02-2008, 06:06 PM   #4
bubba1020
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Do u think I should install a speed spring or just remove the govenor completely??
Old 11-02-2008, 07:24 PM   #5
cart de golf
Gone Wild

folow the instruction here

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...tructions.html

same as instaling a power kit

if you are runing regular tires dont install a power kit the engine will rev for nothing

dont remove the governor just tie wrap it to get max rpm without over reving & killing the engine

good luck
cart de golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 08:03 PM   #6
bubba1020
Getting Wild
Yamaha

where do I zip tie it? I have my muffler removed for easier access to the gov. If i'm looking down on it, where do I put the zip tie on? Rear clutch question......I guess u remove the carter pin, then remove the nut (clockwise or counter clockwise?) Then pull the sheave off?yes? Thanks man!!!
Old 11-03-2008, 12:50 AM   #7
shawn.m
Gone Wild

read the instructions for the torque spring removal and look at the pictures posted their. We have tried to make the instructions as through as possible

zip tie around the two arms to bring them together
shawn.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 02:29 PM   #8
bubba1020
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Awesome shawn!! I'll give it a try and hope for the best! Thanks for the help and support!!!!!C-YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha