lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2008, 08:25 PM   #1
bubba1020
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Yammy Speed Spring

Whats happenin'guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, installed a new belt and helped my uphill power a little, so i guess I need the torque spring huh? Also, I decided NOT to totally diable my gov. Dont want to be out "sippin" a little on the weekend and forget to listen to my RPMs. Anyway, has anybody had good luck with the Speed Spring that CPP has available for about 20.00 bucks? I want to try it , want some feedback about it first. Looks REALLY simple to install and they say that it will bump up your top end quite a bit. I've already tightened my 10mm nut all the way also. Let me hear some feedback, positive or negative. Thanks guys and CARTIN' IS FUUUNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bubba1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2008, 08:45 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Yammy Speed Spring

Bubba....We are going to get you to install Tom's Big Block! Yes I've used and installed the "speed spring" and they work. Untill you install a Big Block..............You will never be satisfied! Later Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:10 AM   #3
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Bubba....We are going to get you to install Tom's Big Block! Yes I've used and installed the "speed spring" and they work. Untill you install a Big Block..............You will never be satisfied! Later Dave
I agree!! BIG BLOCK!!!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:01 PM   #4
bubba1020
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Aw, come on guys............Don't tease me like that...LOL!! I'm a newby (if ya'll haven't figured that one out yet......)Let me get a little taste at a time, course it doesn't take much to get me to GO ALL OUT AND REV IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks guys and talk to u soon!
Old 11-04-2008, 06:20 PM   #5
OregonMike
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Location: Anywhere Near Roseburg, Oregon, where I can find some twisties!

It works... got me about 6 on the top... She would do about 17-18 mph with 2 people on radar, with the spring I can get 24 mph.... And the torque spring helps a bunch too....
OregonMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:22 PM   #6
bubba1020
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Whats up mike!!!!! Hopefully my speed spring will be here soon. Gettin' REEEAAAALLL antsy!! I just decided after talking to some of u guys that totally disabling my gov. would be bad mistake that could bite me in the rear later on. You say it was easy-cheesy install? Took your rear, muffler off for easier access? Cool..... Another question.............Where did u get your rear seat? Just noticed it in your profile pic. Man those things are expensive! Wish I could find a used one, mabye one that needed recovering or minor repair. If u have any inside info on a good used one let me know. Give me a yell back when u can about the spring and the seat. C-YA MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2008, 01:22 AM   #7
OregonMike
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Location: Anywhere Near Roseburg, Oregon, where I can find some twisties!

I did remove the muffler, and it's pretty easy to install. As far as the rear set, I got it at Mikes Garage...LOL.... I built it for about $100. Some 1"x1" square tube and some 2" flat bar steel, bolts, Ply Wood and Foam and vinyl. The foam was like $50.... a petroleum product of coures... rip off..!!!!! I also have built a double reviever system so I have an attachable foot rest for when the seat is installed. If you want I can post up pic's. You do have to cut the bag rack off, but I am planing on welding on ears to the rack and cart so I can boly it back on if I want to golf...LOL!!!
OregonMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:49 AM   #8
bubba1020
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Mikes Garage, huh........Isn't that across the street from Bubbas Garage?..LOL!!! Man, that would be great if u could post a few pics so I could steal a couple ideas.Thanks for the info and talk to u soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha