lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-13-2010, 09:32 PM   #11
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 07 fairplay broke

Sounds like you got almost a whole truckload of extra parts there Mustang,Let us know what you need and we can all walk you thriugh the steps of fixing your foreplay golfcar.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-13-2010, 09:52 PM   #12
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfcarfixer View Post
Sounds like you got almost a whole truckload of extra parts there Mustang,Let us know what you need and we can all walk you thriugh the steps of fixing your foreplay golfcar.

I hope that was an accidental misspelling!!!

CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 03:37 PM   #13
mustangsally
Not Yet Wild

Here is a update on my golf cart
Had a repair guy come in today and changed the control box,And it still won't start. ultram box.. He is puzzled.. Any help out there.
mustangsally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:18 PM   #14
rib33024

Can you take some pic of under the seat of your cart--the motor-and what the repair guy fixed-
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:06 PM   #15
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangsally View Post
Here is a update on my golf cart
Had a repair guy come in today and changed the control box,And it still won't start. ultram box.. He is puzzled.. Any help out there.

Welcome to BGW Mustangsally,
I don't know squat about fairplay carts but hope he didn't charge you for knowing nothing.
Was this purchased from a dealer or individual? Have you called any of the local golf cart dealers and ask if they work on or would look at it?
Ultram, recessor? Any chance you got a service or parts manual in the load of extras?
Please try to stay positive but understand it's hard enough to trouble shoot over the net even when we know what the parts are you are talking about.
Any chance for some pictures?
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:05 PM   #16
mustangsally
Not Yet Wild

1. bought on the side of road enroute to campground
2. called around repair shops on golfcarts. one guy said he never worked on one but willing to try for 75 hour trial & error .3. no manual ,but a nice guy on here forward a page from his manual on the electrical.
4. another repair guy suspose to brought a computer to test everything but forgot..
5. I can take pic's tomorrow but how do i get them on here . Another problem u have to walk me through sorry but i'm @ everyone's mercy.. please don't give up on me ....
Old 09-15-2010, 08:21 PM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I ain't buying this crap. You're no woman and there ain't no $75 an hour repairman who forgot his computer. You have made 15 posts and 14 of them say 'i'm a helpless woman with a fairplay and a big box of parts please don't give up on me' well, I for one aint gonna help until you quit the charade

Last edited by scottyb; 09-15-2010 at 08:23 PM.. Reason: make that 16 posts and 15 say 'I'm a helpless woman...'
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:35 PM   #18
rib33024

----
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:48 PM   #19
mustangsally
Not Yet Wild

I am a woman.. I bought the cart labor day weekend for 3,500.00
From the side of the road. The owner also had a trailer for sale couldn't afford the trailer he wanted 2,000 for it. Inside the trailer was filled with extra parts how he got these parts I have no idea. I am learning the names of parts as I go Like I made a mistake called that white rectangle box example not a recessor but a resistor. ultram ultrax box not sure of spelling. I called a shop that people in campgrond recommened he is the one that wanted 75 hour.
I didn't go with him.I found someone on internet that deals with fair play he is the one forgot computer. He charges 65 or 68 to put on computer he is charging me 45 to install box. He is coming out again tomorrow with his computer. What is the going rate an hour for a repairman?? If you don't want to help that is fine but you don't have to be nasty about it., further more I'm new to this website. so I don't know the proper protocal but I do have maners. So you don't have to be rude.
Signed a LADY with a broken fairplay....
Old 09-15-2010, 08:56 PM   #20
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Well...someone is pulling someones leg cause THERE IS NO computer to hook up. Doesn't exist. If the dude is trying to charge you to hook up a computer you need to fire him and find another golf cart repair guy....which at this point is the best advice you can be given. Unless you can get a voltmeter and do basic troubleshooting there's nothing we can tell you to help you on your quest.

That being said...you do use a PC to program the Alltrax but there is nothing to hook up for diagnostics.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay