lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-09-2019, 12:20 PM   #1
MJBennettInc
Not Yet Wild

Default 2010 RXV Run Issue

I have a 2010 RXV (Danaher Controller). The cart has brand new batteries. If the Selector switch sits in gear for a period of time, the SOC meter reads empty and the light turns on (Factory SOC meter). The cart will not run, unless the key is cycled or the accelerator is cycled then it runs normal and the SOC meter reads normal. Is there a time out on these carts? Issue only occurs when cart is stopped and key is left on.
MJBennettInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-09-2019, 12:45 PM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2010 RXV Run Issue

I believe it goes to "sleep" for lack of a better word if parked with key on. I've heard a couple of guesses as to length of time but nothing definitive. I tested mine once but I forgot about it and was a couple of hours before i remembered. It had powered down but I don't know what time span triggered it. I don't use the factory battery gage so I can't comment on that.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 02:30 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

It shuts down automatically, the number is 20 minutes if I recall correctly. Your seeing normal operation.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 02:50 PM   #4
MJBennettInc
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for your quick responses.
MJBennettInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 09:37 PM   #5
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
It shuts down automatically, the number is 20 minutes if I recall correctly. Your seeing normal operation.
I am not 100% sure, but I am guessing it is done that way because Solenoid Activates on KEY ON instead of Pedal down like other carts.

Seems like if it did not do that and someone left the key on, the Solenoid coil would remain hot, eventually draining the batteries and/or burning up the Solenoid Coil.

I have also seen Solenoid on parked RXV get very hot when someone used a regular 36v solenoid instead of one rated for continuous duty as I think stock is.
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 06:30 PM   #6
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

If it didn't sleep it would drain the pack to zero in time. I can actually hear the controller whine on the Curtis versions, I got quite good high frequency hearing, so I notice before most when a key is left on.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO