lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-14-2022, 06:41 PM   #31
five5cooks
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 86 Marthon Build Log

Spent this afternoon beginning to layout the electronics bay above the motor. Did some testing and to looks like everything is going to fit with no problems. This area should have better airflow than under the seat along with shorter cable runs. This weekend we will be camping so work will be on pause until Tuesday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2500.jpg (283.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2502.jpg (198.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2504.jpg (205.3 KB, 0 views)
five5cooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2022, 07:06 PM   #32
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If you can hang the controller facing down it is the best. Gravity will help keep water out. :)
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 10:14 PM   #33
GolfNfool
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by five5cooks View Post
I have been thinking through where would be the best place to mount the 202 and controller and feel like the area just above the motor looks like it should work. It is out of the way but still fairly accessible while keeping wire runs fairly short. Any thoughts on pros or cons for this location?
For what its worth this is what I did on my 88 controller wise...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AC Mount.jpg (247.1 KB, 0 views)
GolfNfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 02:59 PM   #34
five5cooks
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

A week off from the cart build gave me a little time to recharge in the mountains. This morning it was back to the build though. Mounted my new motor along with swapping out hardware on the Alltrax mount. I also began making up my cables, this 2ga welding wire is no joke to cut. Finally ended up using a hacksaw to make short work of the cuts. The trick I found was that I could press the cable in the crimpers before removing the silicone sleeve. This helped it maintain the shape tight enough that it would slide easily into the lugs and they could be crimped. I am putting an orange sleeve over the cables, although they clearly do not need it. Now to go find my heat gun to get the heat shrink finalized. The only question I have had is the differences I have seen in other members wiring vs the schematic provided by Alltrax for hooking up the SW202.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2647.jpg (256.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2648.jpg (262.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2649.jpg (258.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2653.jpg (207.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2654.jpg (241.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-23-2022, 08:07 AM   #35
GolfNfool
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by five5cooks View Post
A week off from the cart build gave me a little time to recharge in the mountains. This morning it was back to the build though. Mounted my new motor along with swapping out hardware on the Alltrax mount. I also began making up my cables, this 2ga welding wire is no joke to cut. Finally ended up using a hacksaw to make short work of the cuts. The trick I found was that I could press the cable in the crimpers before removing the silicone sleeve. This helped it maintain the shape tight enough that it would slide easily into the lugs and they could be crimped. I am putting an orange sleeve over the cables, although they clearly do not need it. Now to go find my heat gun to get the heat shrink finalized. The only question I have had is the differences I have seen in other members wiring vs the schematic provided by Alltrax for hooking up the SW202.
Very nice work!
GolfNfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 09:57 AM   #36
five5cooks
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The resistor and diode on the solenoid and a little heat shrink to clean things up. I think I am going to be at 20ft of 2ga wire once I finish making up my battery cables tomorrow. The next step is to order the light duty wire to connect the KSW, F/R rocker and throttle. I need to pick up my batteries this week sometime and a seat. Really debating on adding a top to the cart or just deleting it from the concept. I have seen some carts with the low profile windscreen, but I am not sure how I feel about that.

Looking at the Alltrax Diagram, it shows two diodes off of the F/R switch. I am thinking that is actually the two that are on the SW202, does anyone know if that would be correct?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2657.jpg (249.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2658.jpg (242.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2022-07-23 at 10.44.53 AM.jpg (125.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-17-2022, 03:15 PM   #37
tuckercart
Not Yet Wild

I like the look of your cabling. What kind of sleeve did you use?
Thanks
tuckercart is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO