lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-18-2022, 10:14 AM   #1
scooter727
Not Yet Wild

Default 2014 Yamaha EFI gas in oil

I have a 2014 Yamaha EFI golf cart, 207 hours, that runs, but it has gas in the oil. Exhaust is smoking some. I see gas oil in the air filter box side that is open, not on the filter side. I've changed the oil. The spark plug had some oil on it. The valves were checked and are in specs .004" Could it be the vacuum lines? Fuel injector open? What about the pressure sensor? Can the pressure sensor be tested? Any other possibilities? If it is the fuel injector, what is the part number and where do I get one? Help is certainly appreciated.
scooter727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-19-2022, 12:21 PM   #2
scooter727
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2014 Yamaha EFI gas in oil

I'm testing the fuel pressure sensor today. I guess my viewers can tag along.
Old 02-19-2022, 06:56 PM   #3
scooter727
Not Yet Wild

Fuel Pressure switch tested good. Constant red wire KOEO 5.1V, Signal wire 3.1-3.4V, tested ground 12.6 V. Tested fuel injector wire harness with a test lamp, found positive side and tested ground side and test lamp was pulsing with engine running. Next, pulled fuel injector. There is a small cut on o-ring.
Need to replace the o-ring. Ran some carb cleaner thru fuel injector. The fuel injector was NOT stuck open.

I do have a question: Is it common when running the golf cart and I get off the accelerator and stop that the fuel pump continues to run for maybe two or three seconds? I do think that this still wouldn't be pulsing fuel thru the fuel injector because I didn't see the pulsing when I tested the fuel injector; the fuel injector only pulsed when I was on the accelerator running the engine.

I'm still not sure how gas is getting into the crankcase. Anyone want to chime in?

I guess I should do a compression test, and see how good the rings are.
Old 02-21-2022, 07:05 AM   #4
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I have run in to this a couple of times.
I doubt that it is a ring issue.
A leaky fuel injector or defective MAP sensor will do it.
I have heard of the negative side wire of the injector going to the ECU rubbing on the frame and intermittently grounding out causing the injector operation to become erratic.
The injector part number is JC0-13770-00-00.
rstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 01:05 PM   #5
scooter727
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for responding. I just did the compression check, and it surprised me being on the upper range but you are right, it cant be the rings, as the compression reading was 125 psi.
Old 02-21-2022, 01:08 PM   #6
scooter727
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstacy View Post
I have heard of the negative side wire of the injector going to the ECU rubbing on the frame and intermittently grounding out causing the injector operation to become erratic.
I'll trace the injector wires, that's a good idea!!! Thanks!
Old 02-21-2022, 08:41 PM   #7
scooter727
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstacy View Post
The injector wires are all good; either in electrical tape or loom. Is the MAP sensor the same as what I was calling the fuel pressure sensor. My service manual calls it a pressure sensor. If the MAP sensor is different than the pressure sensor, where is it?

I guess I'm ready to start throwing parts at it; a new injector and sensor.
Thanks for your help!
Old 02-22-2022, 06:06 AM   #8
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

My bad. They are the same thing.
I had a fuel injected Adventurer that would only do this once during the winter season. Come to think of it, I should be getting that call soon.
rstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 09:35 PM   #9
scooter727
Not Yet Wild

Update: I used a fuel injector pulse tester on continuous mode to test the fuel injector. I did see just a small amount of carb cleaner hanging on the tip of the fuel injector. The spray pattern was good. However, over time, this small amount will accumulate and work it's way into the crankcase, i.e., gas in the oil. Then, I decided, to do a good cleaning of the fuel injector, using the tester on continuous mode pulsing the fuel injector in carb cleaner fluid, while at the same time having the fuel injector go thru an 8 minute bath using a ultrasonic cleaner. I disassembled the fuel injector assembly, and removed the 2 o-rings. See the pictures attached. The fuel injector is in a small mason jar bathing, pulsing thru it carb cleaner. Outside the mason jar is water in the rest of the ultrasonic cleaner. No need to fill up the whole ultrasonic unit in carb cleaner.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ultrasonic_cleaner_20220322.jpg (352.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg FI_tester_20220322.jpg (329.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-22-2022, 11:48 PM   #10
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Here is another BGW member with a similar problem. You might gain some insight from this thread:

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=182841
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
efi, gas in oil, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha