lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2022, 09:43 AM   #1
MacGyverr
Getting Wild

Default ezgo 2006 txt pds shutting off

I can't figure this one out. The cart runs good, go to drive it again and there's nothing. I've checked everything, I tried a new controller, solenoid, ignition switch. there's power everywhere it's supposed to be. batteries are 38.1 clean connections. The only consistent thing is when it sits in the sun that seems to be when it doesn't run, it doesn't have a roof. I'm going to replace the micro switch when i get one. Bouncing doesn't stop it either. Thank you for any help
MacGyverr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2022, 01:35 PM   #2
MacGyverr
Getting Wild

Default Re: ezgo 2006 txt pds shutting off

parked it in the sun it shut off, it's not the micro switch, i did find that i have power on the reverse circuit at the board when it's put into forward or reverse. ill replace the switch tomorrow.
Old 07-07-2022, 01:44 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Disconnect the orange wire from the back of the fnr switch and see if it runs.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 03:23 PM   #4
MacGyverr
Getting Wild

it ran after sitting in the sun. I hope that is it..... thank you Does that mean the f/r is bad?
Old 07-07-2022, 03:24 PM   #5
MacGyverr
Getting Wild

P.S.I disconnected the orange wire
Old 07-07-2022, 03:38 PM   #6
coosa
Gone Wild

I don't know if it's the same issue, but my 2008 PDS behaved in a similar manner and it turned out to be the ITS, or inductive throttle sensor. It had been damaged in some way and apparently moisture was getting trapped in it and causing intermittent problems. It would run perfect for weeks and then suddenly it wouldn't go. I could let it sit for a while and then it would take off and run normally for days or weeks before shutting down again. I replaced the ITS and it hasn't happened since.

There is probably some way to test it, but it's a $25 part and considering what you have already replaced, it might be worth a try. Good luck figuring it out. Intermittent problems are always the most difficult for me to solve.
coosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 04:58 PM   #7
MacGyverr
Getting Wild

ok i replaced the f/r switch, nothing. I replaced the throttle sensor and it's running. apparently when it gets hot it sends the wrong signal to the board and Shutts it off. I'm hopping that's it. I had the controller so no big deal to try it. 20.00 cure is great. thank you coosa and others for your help. I'll update when it stays running,
Old 07-09-2022, 08:38 AM   #8
racertoms27
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I’ve been fighting the exact same issue for a long time. Cart sits in the sun, no go, but not all the time. Sun (heat) seems to be the common denominator. I just tortured it with sun for 2 days, taking it on runs about 3 times a day. Thought I had the problem fixed after I changed a sketchy wire to the solenoid. Went to put the cart back in the garage, no go. Unhooked the battery and then reconnect, good for about 2 minutes, then back to the same thing. It will “reset” itself every time I unhook the battery pack.
After reading this thread, I ordered an ITS and hoping that will help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
racertoms27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 03:50 PM   #9
MacGyverr
Getting Wild

the cart is still running well, was the ITS
Old 07-10-2022, 02:58 PM   #10
coosa
Gone Wild

Glad that fixed it! I thought that I had detected a correlation between mine dying and driving through water. It seemed that getting it wet increased the chance of it dying. Interesting that others have problems from being in the sun. I guess there are a lot of things that could cause the ITS to fail, but thankfully it is a cheap and easy fix.

One of the big appeals of a PDS cart is that they are easier for a shade tree to work on than an AC cart
coosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO