lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2022, 12:38 PM   #11
TCDrive2
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 2021 Yamaha Drive2 - Intermittent Starting (Need Advice)

Thanks!
TCDrive2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2022, 09:36 PM   #12
villebacker
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I have taken mine apart 2 or 3 times with no issues. Comes apart easily and snaps back together. My screen on bottom was very dark colored and when I blew it out it was white again.
villebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2023, 08:01 AM   #13
jerome2727
Not Yet Wild

Did you ever figure out the problem with your cart, I have the plowmans too and my cart is doing exactly the same thing yours is.
jerome2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 07:18 PM   #14
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

I, have fixed this issue before. If it runs fine, then come to a stop, floor the gas and it just sits there and chugs and wont start. If you slowly press the pedal it may start, I have found the sensor on top of the throttle body is at fault.
Have vise grips to loosen the phillips head screw that hold that bitch on...some sumo wrestler must have installed them.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 06:19 PM   #15
jerome2727
Not Yet Wild

Any way to get a picture of what sensor you are referring to?
jerome2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 09:19 PM   #16
TCDrive2
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
I, have fixed this issue before. If it runs fine, then come to a stop, floor the gas and it just sits there and chugs and wont start. If you slowly press the pedal it may start, I have found the sensor on top of the throttle body is at fault.
Have vise grips to loosen the phillips head screw that hold that bitch on...some sumo wrestler must have installed them.
So are you saying you just replaced this sensor and all is good now?

Mine doesn’t seem to have the “no start” issue as often now but it still does every now and then.

When I further investigated this earlier, I found that when the No start issue would happen it did appear to be fuel system related. I found this by pulling the fuel injector out when the No start would happen and the fuel being injected was a lot less than when it would start. So this does seem to related to the throttle body as you’re suggesting.

Let me know if replacing the throttle body sensor resolved this issue for you. Also, can you let me know what model year your Yamaha is?
Old 09-16-2023, 10:01 AM   #17
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome2727 View Post
Any way to get a picture of what sensor you are referring to?
Im not so computer savy, but if you pull the air box, on top of the throttle body is a sensor...has a plug in and a vacuum line and 2 phillip head screws that hold it on. Its been a big issue and causes a variety of issues. It can make the cart not run at all...it can has a hesitation while running, it can cause it to stop running altogether.
Old 09-16-2023, 10:05 AM   #18
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCDrive2 View Post
So are you saying you just replaced this sensor and all is good now?

Mine doesn’t seem to have the “no start” issue as often now but it still does every now and then.

When I further investigated this earlier, I found that when the No start issue would happen it did appear to be fuel system related. I found this by pulling the fuel injector out when the No start would happen and the fuel being injected was a lot less than when it would start. So this does seem to related to the throttle body as you’re suggesting.

Let me know if replacing the throttle body sensor resolved this issue for you. Also, can you let me know what model year your Yamaha is?
You can have a car that pumps fuel but not start. I havent had a bad injector yet....my friends say they have and I read about it online, but I have yet to change one. Fuel pressure is critical. A simple test is to see if it will run on carb cleaner when not starting. But there are other issue it can be....the cars are good money makers for my business.
Old 09-18-2023, 08:59 AM   #19
TCDrive2
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
Im not so computer savy, but if you pull the air box, on top of the throttle body is a sensor...has a plug in and a vacuum line and 2 phillip head screws that hold it on. Its been a big issue and causes a variety of issues. It can make the cart not run at all...it can has a hesitation while running, it can cause it to stop running altogether.
Ordered the sensor you referred to (Intake Air Pressure Sensor) on Amazon. Want to see if replacing this sensor on my cart fully resolves the intermittent "no start" problem. If not, could be fuel pump not building enough pressure at times or the the injector not opening up enough due to a bad or incorrect signal from the ECU (if this is even a possible problem)?
Old 09-21-2023, 09:30 AM   #20
TCDrive2
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCDrive2 View Post
Ordered the sensor you referred to (Intake Air Pressure Sensor) on Amazon. Want to see if replacing this sensor on my cart fully resolves the intermittent "no start" problem. If not, could be fuel pump not building enough pressure at times or the the injector not opening up enough due to a bad or incorrect signal from the ECU (if this is even a possible problem)?
I got sensor replaced last night. Drove it last night and also this morning. So far so good. No re-start issues as of yet. But more time driving it is needed to know for sure if this was the problem. Will provide an update after a few weeks to inform if any "no-starts" reoccurred.

Tags
ecm, efi, injector, sensor
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha